• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hornaday Zombie Max

09jisaac

Anyone ever seen this ammo? Is it real? If it is what exactly is the difference? I'm thinking about buying it just for the novelty of it. But everywhere I find it listed online it says it's sold out.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Anyone ever seen this ammo? Is it real? If it is what exactly is the difference? I'm thinking about buying it just for the novelty of it. But everywhere I find it listed online it says it's sold out.

There are at least five threads discussing this ammo. It has been out for several weeks now. It is the same as Hornady Critical Defense except it has green tips and zombie packaging. It is a fully functional novelty.

09jisaac

Sorry about that. I don't like the forums search, as it never gets me anywhere. So usually if I google it I would get somewhere. All that I found were older post wondering if it was just a ploy from hornady, but I do appreciate your help.

09jisaac

Yea, but I get sick of trying to guess the captcha (I screwed it up 3 times that search) mispelled hornady the same why I did in the thread title, and then searched too specific, so that didn't come up with anything. So I just went through the forum pages searching for it and still didn't find it, so I made a thread.

carry for myself

i got some zombie max. same as the critical defense, just a diff colored insert. i bought 8 boxes. gave them away to friends on haloween incase of zombie attack. and currently carry them in my 1911 haha just for S**ts and giggles

09jisaac

I was wanting to get some for my brother in law for christmas but I can't find anywhere where they have any in stock. But I found em a little late, apparently after they were discussed pretty heavily on this site.