Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My UTAH permit came today!

My UTAH permit came today!

I sent in on sept-1st for my Utah permit and it came in today's mail 10-31.

Welcome to the cool group.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I mailed my app in on September 2nd. Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockface View Post
    I sent in on sept-1st for my Utah permit and it came in today's mail 10-31.
    Congratulations - the UT Permit arrived just in time to serve as proof of training for a WI Permit.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Campaign Veteran
    What is the time frame for processing Utah? They charged my credit card on Sept. 2nd, and I haven't received anything from them. Can I call and check status?

Sent with Tapatalk
    Last edited by TaurusToter; 11-03-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    What is the time frame for processing Utah? They charged my credit card on Sept. 2nd, and I haven't received anything from them. Can I call and check status?

Sent with Tapatalk
    Should get it any day then. Usually 60 days from charging, which should of been yesterday.

Campaign Veteran
    Thanks Paul! As always, you are the man with the plan!

Sent with Tapatalk

I called Utah BCI and they said that they continue to target 45 days, but they have received an unusual amount of permit requests from WI and NJ and NY in the past month.

BCI did comment that an unusual number of WI applicants had come in and that my BCI Instructor seal number was affixed to their applications. (Warmed my heart to hear that.)
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post

BCI did comment that an unusual number of WI applicants had come in and that my BCI Instructor seal number was affixed to their applications. (Warmed my heart to hear that.)
    One of those is mine.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    One of those is mine.

And my heart is further warmed. I am so pleased to have played a part, however insignificant, in your ongoing firearms training. Keep up the training Mr. Hamlet - either with me or with other competent instructors.

Yellow Cat Out -

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post

Sent with Tapatalk
    Yes, you can call and check status. Go to the UT BCI website and get the number. Laura is in charge of UT permits.

Will be seeing...

...Yellow Cat soon for my UT, have applied to WI with DD-214. YEHA boar out.

Campaign Veteran
    I'm officially a holder of a Utah Permit as of today! Finally showed up in the mail! Now I can carry everywhere that I travel to, except Illinois and WI. LoL

Looking forward to getting my WI soon

Congratulations.... I mailed mine in on Sept 2nd and still I wait....

I've had visions of going to the mailbox and finding mail from both Utah and WI but have only been disappointed thus far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCASNCM5D.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	7345

My Dad sent his in on sep 6, so hopefully his is in the mailbox today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Nancy and I received our UT permits today.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Me TOO!!

I received my UTAH Permit today. Mailed September 08, 2011 CC charged 13 September Arrived today.

Thank You Jim for the opportunity to have met you and the class room instructions as well. Hot dogs were good also!

Carry On
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 11-07-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Yep the old man got his today and we sent in for his WI minutes later. Sucks as he was in Madison on Nov 1 with me but we didn't have proof if traning.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Campaign Veteran
    Wonder if they got a group discount from the post office for the mailing to WI? That's 4 that we know of that arrived today.

My Utah permit finally arrived as well. I mailed my app on 9/2 - they issued my permit on 10/27 but didn't mail it out until 11/2....

mine came today too...61 days from receipt by the Utah BCI.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Cool Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Nancy and I received our UT permits today.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    I was awaiting this good news and let me say to you and all my students who received their UT permits today (or are about to) - CONGRATULATIONS.

Even though the majority of your life will likely be spent in Wisconsin, with its' far reaching reciprocity and recognition, I am confident that you will not regret getting a UT Concealed Firearms Permit. And I hope that you will never regret continuing your Personal Defense education with Yellow Cat Personal Defense.

Is it now (after Nov. 1, 2011) necessary for a Wisconsin resident, to send a copy of their Wisconsin CCW license, along with the Utah CCW permit application?

Will that also be required for a Utah permit renewal?
    Last edited by E6chevron; 11-08-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

yes

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    Is it now (after Nov. 1, 2011) necessary for a Wisconsin resident, to send a copy of their Wisconsin CCW license, along with the Utah CCW permit application?

Will that also be required for a Utah permit renewal?
    If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states visit: http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states visit: http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.
    Wisconsin does honor and accept Utah CFP permits, so Wisconsin residents will now need to get a Wisconsin license before applying for the Utah permit.

Thanks Packfanatic, I found that on the New Application FAQ: http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFnewapp.html

Also, at this time the Renewal Application: http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci...fprenew611.pdf does NOT ask for a copy of a CCW license/permit from a non-residents home state. It appears existing CFP holders will be "grandfathered" for renewal purposes.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast