• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sign at Gander Mountain

N605TW

Activist Member
I was at Gander Mountain in Reynoldsburg, Ohio tonight. I seen two large signs posted by the doors and I was surprised when I read that they welcome lawful gun owners. I tend to be quick to damn but slow to praise. To try and off set this trend I'm singing the praises of Gander Mountain for not banning firearms in the store.

Here is a picture I took at the door. The sign reads "Stop For your safety all firearms and bows brought in for repair or quotes must be cased and checked in at the customer service desk. This does not apply to our customers that are legally carrying a firearm openly or concealed on their person as State Law permits."

no gun.jpg

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
That's pretty much standard at all Gander Mtn. locations. Now if only they didn't rape people on the price of their firearms ($499 for a Ruger SR9/40? $549 for USED 2nd/3rd gen Glocks?!?!?!) and ammunition ("Sale" prices that are 30% higher than Walmart's everyday price for the exact same box of ammo)... And if only they didn't blatantly discriminate against southpaws.... They can hang all the pro-OC signage they want, but until they fix those 3 problems I'll not spend any money there.

I even contacted corporate about these issues via the customer feedback form on their website. Never heard a peep back. Havent noticed any changes in-store.

Screw 'em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
We had a Sportsman's Warehouse here for a few years. I always liked the sign they had on the door. It said that if you were bringing in a firearm that would be removed from its holster while in the store, then it must be unloaded prior to entering the store. It told all of us we were good to go for carrying, and it reminded people that just because they were at the gun counter talking shop, they couldn't just pull out their piece for show-and-tell.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
So what is the issue? That sign is standard at Bass Pro Shop, Gander, Sportsman, and Cabelas. If you are legally carrying OC, or CC you don't have to have it checked. Only if you want to upholster it to size it for a holster etc.

j4l

Not too surprising in a pro-gun retailer.

Price-issues wise, ya they tend to run a bit higher- BUT- the offer extended service/repairs to a lot of the arms they sell- and often have a gunsmith on sight.
And, they have the option of doing lay-a-way for most things, which a lot of the big shops dont/wont. -comes in handy sometimes.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Not too surprising in a pro-gun retailer.

Price-issues wise, ya they tend to run a bit higher- BUT- the offer extended service/repairs to a lot of the arms they sell- and often have a gunsmith on sight.
And, they have the option of doing lay-a-way for most things, which a lot of the big shops dont/wont. -comes in handy sometimes.

A bit higher? Nope - they're the highest damn place in town. Gunsmith on site? I asked about that once - they told me their gunsmith "doesn't do much on-site besides cleanings" and that if I left a firearm in need of repair with them their so-called gunsmith would just ship the gun to the manufacturer. By that definition, you & I & everyone else on this forum is a gunsmith, if all you have to know is how to clean a gun & how to ship it to the manufacturer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk