Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139

Thread: Fox 2 - Hall of Shame

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    290

    Fox 2 - Hall of Shame

    I only caught a piece of the commercial, it had something to do with open carry by the stock footage they used. Anyone know what this is all about?

    Update: Fox 2 ran a piece about Scott Webb, former President of Michigan Open Carry.

    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...non-2011101-dk

    Issues brought up against Scott by Fox 2 News:

    1) Several PPOs issued against him
    2) Allegations of mental instability
    3) Allegations that he put barrel of gun to his mouth
    4) Allegations of assault
    5) BOGO issued claiming he was attempting to murder someone
    6) Open Carrying in a Police Station
    7) FOX confirms he's never been convicted of a felony and all of the PPOs were allowed to expire or were thrown out
    8) Allegations that he's been admitted twice to mental institutions
    9) Allegations that he suggested in a child support case that he was unable to work due to being treated for mental issues.

    I think it's best to just let MOC publish a press release that very calmly and very carefully outlines every thing that was presented in this piece of journalism, admit the truths very bluntly if there are any, and expose the lies. The truth just needs to come out very plainly, for better or worse. Fox did their part. Now it's time to do ours, but with respect and honesty.

    I would encourage MOC leadership to do the right thing and address this piece by piece, as respectfully as possible, to this reporter via an open letter.
    Last edited by kubel; 11-01-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Adding link

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    link?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    290
    It was a spot during the news tonight. I don't see any mention of it on their site. It's supposed to air tomorrow.

  4. #4
    Regular Member PDinDetroit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SE, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,336
    It was stated during a commercial break that it will air at 10:00 PM on 11/1/2011 on Fox 2 Detroit.

    It is an obvious "hit piece" on an Open Carry Advocate/Member, they blanked-out the person's face but it is easy to tell who it was. The reporter, who shall remain nameless, said "you are not so tough without your gun now, are you?" I hope that this reporter has a Police Report filed on him soon, as that statement appears to be threatening. I certainly hope that they are ready for a Defamation Lawsuit if the information is not factual.
    Last edited by PDinDetroit; 11-01-2011 at 06:52 AM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    Is this about Jeff?

  6. #6
    Regular Member PDinDetroit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SE, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Is this about Jeff?
    PM Incoming.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    228
    whatever it is, it is not good.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    It was stated during a commercial break that it will air at 10:00 PM on 11/1/2011 on Fox 2 Detroit.

    It is an obvious "hit piece" on an Open Carry Advocate/Member, they blanked-out the person's face but it is easy to tell who it was. The reporter, who shall remain nameless, said "you are not so tough without your gun now, are you?" I hope that this reporter has a Police Report filed on him soon, as that statement appears to be threatening. I certainly hope that they are ready for a Defamation Lawsuit if the information is not factual.
    I almost hope his response is along the lines of, "I do not know what you are talking about. Without my gun? When am I without my gun?" And watch realization slowly creep over the reporters face..

    Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

    "According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

    Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4
    http://www.facebook.com/rob.wolchek

    from his page

    Well, I'm going to do my best on the story. It's not meant to be any kind of political statement. Just happens to be a guy who's packs heat and "flaunts" it. I know you don't like that word but really...I have video of this guy mowing his lawn with his shirt off and pistol on.

  10. #10
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    Interested parties should tune in to Fox 2 this evening at 10 or watch the video when it's made available on it's website, that is all....
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  11. #11
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reinhardt View Post
    I have video of this guy mowing his lawn with his shirt off and pistol on.

    It's hot some days. Does he care to share video of men who have their shirt off without a gun?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    Everyone knows that Scott and I dont get along, but in all sincerity I wish him no ill will.

  13. #13
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Just from the previews tonight and knowing the individual personally, I can tell you that the reporter clearly did absolutely ZERO research before doing this news story. I say this as a friend of the person in question, nothing else.


    Remember this analogy when you wonder what the 'facts' are while watching the story tonight.
    Last edited by malignity; 11-01-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  14. #14
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reinhardt View Post
    I have video of this guy mowing his lawn with his shirt off and pistol on.
    Do you have video of me doing it as well? If you do, I'm sorry for your eyes. I imagine at least about 80% or more of us here have cut their lawns without shirts on; and of that 80% or more, I can promise you that almost 100% of those people open carry almost every time they carry. Kinda hard to conceal a firearm that doesn't fit in your pocket when you don't have a shirt on, ain't it bud?

    Step 1.) Think.
    Step 2.) ???
    Step 3.) PROFIT!

    If you still don't understand, refer to Step 1.
    Last edited by malignity; 11-01-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Taylor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    75
    Its a shame how left wing media will show no standards when they see a chance to push their political gun grabbing agenda. I've met him multiple times, and he's a really nice guy who doesn't deserve what I suspect is coming. Its examples like this that remind me that they aren't just naive, they are calculating, hateful, and intellectually dishonest.

  16. #16
    Regular Member T Mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Livonia, Michigan. USA
    Posts
    207

    Cool Damn

    Im afraid to watch, they are going to try and make OC'rs look crazy and bad I'm sure...
    I'm a autoworker and I don't like this idiot Rob to start... Someone needs to dig up some dirt on this dirtbag.. I got $50 to donate to hire a private Investigator!!! Hey it's a start!!! Let's do some of our own investigative reporting!!! I'm sure he has a skeleton or 2!!
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    109
    Interesting. Link is to the mobile site.

    http://wap.myfoxdetroit.com/w/news/story/44887337/

    Full site: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/rob_wolchek/is-open-carry-leader-scot-webb-a-loose-cannon-2011101-dk

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by craigm; 11-01-2011 at 07:48 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    Do you have video of me doing it as well? If you do, I'm sorry for your eyes. I imagine at least about 80% or more of us here have cut their lawns without shirts on; and of that 80% or more, I can promise you that almost 100% of those people open carry almost every time they carry. Kinda hard to conceal a firearm that doesn't fit in your pocket when you don't have a shirt on, ain't it bud?

    Step 1.) Think.
    Step 2.) ???
    Step 3.) PROFIT!

    If you still don't understand, refer to Step 1.

    You do realize that was a quote from the hall of shame dude and I doubt he is reading your post!

  19. #19
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    No, I didn't. I apologize. I'm clearly not pleased with the news article, especially since I consider myself a friend of the person in question. Again, I apologize for the harshness. I expected you with a low post count to be a troll.
    Last edited by malignity; 11-01-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    No, I didn't. I apologize. I'm clearly not pleased with the news article, especially since I consider myself a friend of the person in question. Again, I apologize for the harshness. I expected you with a low post count to be a troll.
    Its cool! Not happy with the spin this report is getting!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    285
    I know the person he seems like a nice guy but remember where all innocent until proven guilty. But if you look at the channel 2 sites it mentions something about PPO's. I hope this person the best and hopes he is doing fine

  22. #22
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    I know the person he seems like a nice guy but remember where all innocent until proven guilty. But if you look at the channel 2 sites it mentions something about PPO's. I hope this person the best and hopes he is doing fine
    A couple comments:

    1) PPO's are VERY easy to get if the person taking out the PPO has had any kind of relationship with the person upon whom the PPO is entered. I can't stress this enough. This can be done with no evidence and is typically done "ex parte", meaning that the PPO is immediately entered and then a few weeks later the person who has been served the PPO MAY be able to have it lifted. I have literally heard a judge in a case say "Well, although there is no evidence that anything specifically happened, the order (PPO) will stay in effect to ensure that nothing does happen". Nice how someone can be guilty of something that MAY happen in future. So, as long as he isn't charged and found guilty of anything or RELIABLE information comes from people whose appraisal I trust, my good opinion of him remains the same.

    2) This reporter seems to enjoy the "buzz" around this story (From his twitter feed: "People are already getting worked up over this story and it hasn't even aired. That's just the way I like it!" (http://twitter.com/#!/robwolchek) This is not published evenhandedly to inform, rather it is disseminated to gain viewership... ie ENTERTAIN.
    I ascribe this to the general need in society to tear down those around us. The fact that every evening I am able, but unwilling, to watch hours of "entertainment news" detailing who MIGHT be doing something questionable is a testament to the general idiocy of this type of reporting.

    Although I believe that there might still be some value in "the news" in general, increasingly it is more difficult to find. Being a person who religiously watched the news and read newspapers while growing up, I've found my life has improved immensely by not actively seeking out news and information from the Mainstream Media. I've gone as long as a few months without seeing any reports of what passes as news in our present media saturated environment. Not only did I not feel that I missed anything important, I actually feel my life improved because I refuse to watch anything that passes as modern journalism.

    Therefore, unless I see that there has actually been an arrest/conviction in a court of law or I hear of verifiable ethical transgressions from members whose opinion I trust, I will not change my opinion of Scott, nor of anyone else.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 11-01-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  23. #23
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    I know the person he seems like a nice guy but remember where all innocent until proven guilty. But if you look at the channel 2 sites it mentions something about PPO's. I hope this person the best and hopes he is doing fine
    And we all know that with a PPO you can't legally own a firearm or have a CPL. Yet somehow the individual still legally does. Again, like I said, the reporter didn't do ANY research before doing this BS story.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  24. #24
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    A couple comments:

    1) PPO's are VERY easy to get if the person taking out the PPO has had any kind of relationship with the person upon whom the PPO is entered. I can't stress this enough. This can be done with no evidence and is typically done "ex parte", meaning that the PPO is immediately entered and then a few weeks later the person who has been served the PPO MAY be able to have it lifted. I have literally heard a judge in a case say "Well, although there is no evidence that anything specifically happened, the order (PPO) will stay in effect to ensure that nothing does happen". Nice how someone can be guilty of something that MAY happen in future. So, as long as he isn't charged and found guilty of anything or RELIABLE information comes from people whose appraisal I trust, my good opinion of him remains the same.

    2) This reporter seems to enjoy the "buzz" around this story (From his twitter feed: "People are already getting worked up over this story and it hasn't even aired. That's just the way I like it!" (http://twitter.com/#!/robwolchek) This is not published evenhandedly to inform, rather it is disseminated to gain viewership... ie ENTERTAIN.
    I ascribe this to the general need in society to tear down those around us. The fact that every evening I am able, but unwilling, to watch hours of "entertainment news" detailing who MIGHT be doing something questionable is a testament to the general idiocy of this type of reporting.

    Although I believe that there might still be some value in "the news" in general, increasingly it is more difficult to find. Being a person who religiously watched the news and read newspapers while growing up, I've found my life has improved immensely by not actively seeking out news and information from the Mainstream Media. I've gone as long as a few months without seeing any reports of what passes as news in our present media saturated environment. Not only did I not feel that I missed anything important, I actually feel my life improved because I refuse to watch anything that passes as modern journalism.

    Therefore, unless I see that there has actually been an arrest/conviction in a court of law or I hear of verifiable ethical transgressions from members whose opinion I trust, I will not change my opinion of Scott, nor of anyone else.
    I believe you're right on the nose here. I've almost considered not watching Fox 2 at all anymore after seeing this and the story has yet to even air.
    Last edited by malignity; 11-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  25. #25
    Regular Member PDinDetroit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SE, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,336
    Here is my post about this news story, if I used Facebook...

    I have a CPL and I Conceal Carry and Open Carry. Open Carry has its Pros/Cons, just like Concealed Carry. I prefer to Open Carry as I do not have to dress around my firearm to conceal it. Whatever method you wish to employ, please carry for your own Self-Defense.

    As to the reporter, is this really what makes news? Asking a person's Ex-Wife and Former Girlfriends about them? The selection bias is quite evident here and this appears to be a hit piece and nothing more. I thought the Hall of Shame was to address Public Concerns, not Personal Agendas. I certainly hope the reporter and Fox2Detroit is ready for the Defamation Lawsuit that more than likely will come from this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •