• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 2 - Hall of Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubel

I only caught a piece of the commercial, it had something to do with open carry by the stock footage they used. Anyone know what this is all about?

Update: Fox 2 ran a piece about Scott Webb, former President of Michigan Open Carry.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...ry-leader-scot-webb-a-loose-cannon-2011101-dk

Issues brought up against Scott by Fox 2 News:

1) Several PPOs issued against him
2) Allegations of mental instability
3) Allegations that he put barrel of gun to his mouth
4) Allegations of assault
5) BOGO issued claiming he was attempting to murder someone
6) Open Carrying in a Police Station
7) FOX confirms he's never been convicted of a felony and all of the PPOs were allowed to expire or were thrown out
8) Allegations that he's been admitted twice to mental institutions
9) Allegations that he suggested in a child support case that he was unable to work due to being treated for mental issues.

I think it's best to just let MOC publish a press release that very calmly and very carefully outlines every thing that was presented in this piece of journalism, admit the truths very bluntly if there are any, and expose the lies. The truth just needs to come out very plainly, for better or worse. Fox did their part. Now it's time to do ours, but with respect and honesty.

I would encourage MOC leadership to do the right thing and address this piece by piece, as respectfully as possible, to this reporter via an open letter.

Last edited:

kubel

It was a spot during the news tonight. I don't see any mention of it on their site. It's supposed to air tomorrow.

PDinDetroit

It was stated during a commercial break that it will air at 10:00 PM on 11/1/2011 on Fox 2 Detroit.

It is an obvious "hit piece" on an Open Carry Advocate/Member, they blanked-out the person's face but it is easy to tell who it was. The reporter, who shall remain nameless, said "you are not so tough without your gun now, are you?" I hope that this reporter has a Police Report filed on him soon, as that statement appears to be threatening. I certainly hope that they are ready for a Defamation Lawsuit if the information is not factual.

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

It was stated during a commercial break that it will air at 10:00 PM on 11/1/2011 on Fox 2 Detroit.

It is an obvious "hit piece" on an Open Carry Advocate/Member, they blanked-out the person's face but it is easy to tell who it was. The reporter, who shall remain nameless, said "you are not so tough without your gun now, are you?" I hope that this reporter has a Police Report filed on him soon, as that statement appears to be threatening. I certainly hope that they are ready for a Defamation Lawsuit if the information is not factual.

I almost hope his response is along the lines of, "I do not know what you are talking about. Without my gun? When am I without my gun?" And watch realization slowly creep over the reporters face..

Sent using tapatalk

TheQ

Interested parties should tune in to Fox 2 this evening at 10 or watch the video when it's made available on it's website, that is all....

malignity

Just from the previews tonight and knowing the individual personally, I can tell you that the reporter clearly did absolutely ZERO research before doing this news story. I say this as a friend of the person in question, nothing else.

Remember this analogy when you wonder what the 'facts' are while watching the story tonight.
journalist_guns_2.jpg

Last edited:

malignity

I have video of this guy mowing his lawn with his shirt off and pistol on.

Do you have video of me doing it as well? If you do, I'm sorry for your eyes. I imagine at least about 80% or more of us here have cut their lawns without shirts on; and of that 80% or more, I can promise you that almost 100% of those people open carry almost every time they carry. Kinda hard to conceal a firearm that doesn't fit in your pocket when you don't have a shirt on, ain't it bud?

Step 1.) Think.
Step 2.) ???
Step 3.) PROFIT!

If you still don't understand, refer to Step 1.

Last edited:

Franktroplis

Its a shame how left wing media will show no standards when they see a chance to push their political gun grabbing agenda. I've met him multiple times, and he's a really nice guy who doesn't deserve what I suspect is coming. Its examples like this that remind me that they aren't just naive, they are calculating, hateful, and intellectually dishonest.

T Mack

Damn

Im afraid to watch, they are going to try and make OC'rs look crazy and bad I'm sure...
I'm a autoworker and I don't like this idiot Rob to start... Someone needs to dig up some dirt on this dirtbag.. I got $50 to donate to hire a private Investigator!!! Hey it's a start!!! Let's do some of our own investigative reporting!!! I'm sure he has a skeleton or 2!!

Dave Reinhardt

Do you have video of me doing it as well? If you do, I'm sorry for your eyes. I imagine at least about 80% or more of us here have cut their lawns without shirts on; and of that 80% or more, I can promise you that almost 100% of those people open carry almost every time they carry. Kinda hard to conceal a firearm that doesn't fit in your pocket when you don't have a shirt on, ain't it bud?

Step 1.) Think.
Step 2.) ???
Step 3.) PROFIT!

If you still don't understand, refer to Step 1.

You do realize that was a quote from the hall of shame dude and I doubt he is reading your post!

malignity

No, I didn't. I apologize. I'm clearly not pleased with the news article, especially since I consider myself a friend of the person in question. Again, I apologize for the harshness. I expected you with a low post count to be a troll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.