• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 2 - Hall of Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDinDetroit

Funny how the reporter has been hyping this for nearly a week. I mean if it was such earth shattering news why not run it last week? Can anyone say NOVEMBER SWEEPS/RATINGS push? And why run it on a Tuesday one of the slowest news nights? So I guess it was placed in the line up according to how important it really was (a.k.a. not very) ;)

My stance is: I highly doubt we are getting the whole story here. I cannot say anything other than what my personal experiences have been with Mr. Webb to date. He has always been to my knowledge, honest with me. Please remember accusations are easy to make, proving such accusations in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt is another thing entirely. Until Mr. Webb is convicted of some felony I think we should do what we do with all hear say, ignore it. :)

Carry on friends.

- G9OS

Well put sir!

It is hard to ignore such a blatant personal attack, especially when done so by the News Media as a Proxy for the Ex-Family/Ex-Girlfriend. I certainly hope they are ready for the Defamation Lawsuit that most likely should occur.

stainless1911

Banned
I know he's had some issues, just hope he's ok.

People are going to use this as an excuse to hate on OC, we're going to be on damage control for a while.

A defamation lawsuit won, should certainly help, but I doubt it would get much air time.

Last edited:

kubel

Looks like Fox made a broad attack on all those who open carry based on the alleged past of a single man. Oh well. Clean up on aisle 2.

stainless1911

Banned
I think a suit is in order.

They did thier best to make us all look bad. They lumped us together with someone that would open fire on our police officers, in a suicide mission. They hid behind the black stripe on an officers badge, a shame in and of itself. I could go on.

Last edited:

kubel

I think a suit is in order.

They did thier best to make us all look bad. They lumped us together with someone that would open fire on our police officers, in a suicide mission. They hid behind the black stripe on an officers badge, a shame in and of itself. I could go on.

Yeah the piece about open carrying in the police station was completely ridiculous but I have a feeling this reporter is anti-gun anyway, otherwise he wouldn't suggest the justification of banning guns illegally due to the illegal acts of another person.

I think it's best to just let MOC publish a press release that very calmly and very carefully outlines every thing that was presented in this piece of journalism, admit the truths very bluntly if there are any, and expose the downright lies. And also expose the anti-gun nature of this report. Instead of talking about lawsuits that we would never win, I think the truth just needs to come out very plainly, for better or worse. Fox did their part. Now it's time to do ours, but with respect and honesty.

I would encourage MOC leadership to do the right thing and address this piece by piece, as respectfully as possible, to this reporter via an open letter.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
wow what a fluff piece...after have meeting said person a couple of times...this is definitely a revenge piece...

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
snip...
I think it's best to just let MOC publish a press release that very calmly and very carefully outlines every thing that was presented in this piece of journalism, admit the truths very bluntly if there are any, and expose the downright lies. And also expose the anti-gun nature of this report. Instead of talking about lawsuits that we would never win, I think the truth just needs to come out very plainly, for better or worse. Fox did their part. Now it's time to do ours, but with respect and honesty.

I would encourage MOC leadership to do the right thing and address this piece by piece, as respectfully as possible, to this reporter via an open letter.

I agree and strongly suggest this be done ASAP.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
i think we need to have an open carry topless solidarity event where we all mow our lawns topless
or an occupy fox 2 where we OC topless out outside their building
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.