• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Application

kemo

Is it just me or is this application simple. I thought it would be a little bit more complicated. Wow three months and this is what we get. It almost reminds me of the form I fill out when I purchase a firearm.

M

McX

has the matter of using money orders been sorted out? can we send a money order with our app?

Interceptor_Knight

Is it just me or is this application simple. I thought it would be a little bit more complicated. Wow three months and this is what we get. It almost reminds me of the form I fill out when I purchase a firearm.

The requirements are the same regarding a background check for handgun purchase and handgun carry. There is nothing more needed on the application than what is there. They could simplify the application in my opinion by eliminating the silly affirmations.

oak1971

All filled out and will be in the mail in an hour. It was easy. No way that took months to put together.

M

McX

took alot of stamps. alot of documents to send. mail box thing at the post office said pick up at 1:45. didnt say if the carrier would be armed or not. so when you think it will reach madison?

Lurchiron

took alot of stamps. alot of documents to send. mail box thing at the post office said pick up at 1:45. didnt say if the carrier would be armed or not. so when you think it will reach madison?

Heavy paper???

xenophon

A lot of stamps? I printed the app double sided on the paper. So let's see, that's 2 pages for the app, 1 page for copy of ccw from another state, and 1 page for the affirmation = 4 pages total.

Hope 1 stamp i enough. :cool:

M

McX

A lot of stamps? I printed the app double sided on the paper. So let's see, that's 2 pages for the app, 1 page for copy of ccw from another state, and 1 page for the affirmation = 4 pages total.

Hope 1 stamp i enough. :cool:

dude, dont you know; clerks at 8 bucks an hour dont look at the back of papers submitted. we dont got double side technology, only this year at home did we embrace longevision TV.

Lurch, still laughing till i cry here. obama bucks har-har-har!

in my app i included a recent photo of a cheeseburger, to aid in my processing.

xenophon

dude, dont you know; clerks at 8 bucks an hour dont look at the back of papers submitted. we dont got double side technology, only this year at home did we embrace longevision TV.

Great. Now I have to print and send in another copy with single side printed paper and 2 stamps ;) Maybe I'll include a twizzler for the app processor. Do you think they like twizzlers?

Lurchiron

Lurch, still laughing till i cry here. obama bucks har-har-har!

in my app i included a recent photo of a cheeseburger, to aid in my processing.

Ahh...Cheeseburger good; Arghhh...fire hot!!!
View attachment 7261 :D

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I put 2 stamps on my heavy envelope as i don't want it returned for more postage!

Same here. Realistically from most places in Wisc to Madison should be 1 day ( mail today, get's there tomorrow ). No need for Priority mail, over night mail, etc.. that's just a HUGE waste of money. The stinking permit cost's too much the way it is...

Last edited:
M

McX

steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkin permit. yes, that felt better.