Thread: The Open Carry Argument

The Open Carry Argument

I have seen this article before and came across it again in a Hardee's thread. I think that everyone that decides to carry should read it and since we have so many new people coming on it needs to be posted again.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...-argument.html

This is an excellant article in every way!!! I have bookmarked this link but there may be others (the original) out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    I have seen this article before and came across it again in a Hardee's thread. I think that everyone that decides to carry should read it and since we have so many new people coming on it needs to be posted again.

This is an excellant article in every way!!! I have bookmarked this link but there may be others (the original) out there too.
    Thanks for sharing, I missed this as I perused the site since I joined earlier this year.

Very good read and pretty much espouses the same intelectual thought proccess I followed when I was determining how I would carry. I shall have to forward this to my father, he doesn't carry at all (only recently bought a Rem 870 for home defense) but seems to lean heavily toward CC when we talk.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Great Read! Thanks.

I had to Facebook post this article
    A lady friend once argued that a lot of gun owners that are victims of a crime end up getting killed with their own weapons. That's absurd! If some criminal is going to kill me with my own gun, they're going to have to beat me to death with it, because it's going to be empty by the time they get to it.

That was a very good article. Thanks for posting it. I had never seen it before.

That was quite well written and well argued; I have to say that I agree with most of it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post

Very very good article. I have told many of my friends that cc to consider oc if they feel comfortable in doing so for many of the same reasons in this article.

I carry because I can. Heck, in this world you're crazy not to. Even cops don't carry to stop criminals.....they do it for self-defense. Should be some kind of sign
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

Quote Originally Posted by ryan7068 View Post
    I carry because I can. Heck, in this world you're crazy not to. Even cops don't carry to stop criminals.....they do it for self-defense. Should be some kind of sign
    Ditto. Women carry mace and pocket knives and batons just-in-case all the time.
    Why do people think its crazy to carry a gun? ...smdh...

==========================================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

[QUOTE=Steeler-gal;1777277]Ditto. Women carry mace and pocket knives and batons just-in-case all the time.
    Why do people think its crazy to carry a gun? ...smdh...

Because they want to control you and your property, and it's much more comfortable for them to do that if you are helpless.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

I feel that guns exist and that the right of a citizen to keep and bare arms provides a balance of power between citizen and state. Their existence being necessary in a free state provides that just like drugs, if someone wants to attain one, they will find the means. And the the best defense to those criminals is a good offense. If you can't deal with it move to a country that makes self-defense illegal. I'm sure you will "feel" much safer.
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "