• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry Argument

45acpForMe

I have seen this article before and came across it again in a Hardee's thread. I think that everyone that decides to carry should read it and since we have so many new people coming on it needs to be posted again.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-carry-discussion/7230-open-carry-argument.html

This is an excellant article in every way!!! I have bookmarked this link but there may be others (the original) out there too.

Baked on Grease

I have seen this article before and came across it again in a Hardee's thread. I think that everyone that decides to carry should read it and since we have so many new people coming on it needs to be posted again.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-carry-discussion/7230-open-carry-argument.html

This is an excellant article in every way!!! I have bookmarked this link but there may be others (the original) out there too.

Thanks for sharing, I missed this as I perused the site since I joined earlier this year.

Very good read and pretty much espouses the same intelectual thought proccess I followed when I was determining how I would carry. I shall have to forward this to my father, he doesn't carry at all (only recently bought a Rem 870 for home defense) but seems to lean heavily toward CC when we talk.

Sent using tapatalk

GlockMom

That was a very good article. Thanks for posting it. I had never seen it before.

WhatTimeIsIt?

That was quite well written and well argued; I have to say that I agree with most of it.

love4guns

Very very good article. I have told many of my friends that cc to consider oc if they feel comfortable in doing so for many of the same reasons in this article.

ryan7068

I carry because I can. Heck, in this world you're crazy not to. Even cops don't carry to stop criminals.....they do it for self-defense. Should be some kind of sign:uhoh:

Steeler-gal

I carry because I can. Heck, in this world you're crazy not to. Even cops don't carry to stop criminals.....they do it for self-defense. Should be some kind of sign:uhoh:

Ditto. Women carry mace and pocket knives and batons just-in-case all the time.
Why do people think its crazy to carry a gun? ...smdh...

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

ryan7068

I feel that guns exist and that the right of a citizen to keep and bare arms provides a balance of power between citizen and state. Their existence being necessary in a free state provides that just like drugs, if someone wants to attain one, they will find the means. And the the best defense to those criminals is a good offense. If you can't deal with it move to a country that makes self-defense illegal. I'm sure you will "feel" much safer.:uhoh: