Thread: SC sheriff encourages people to arm themselves

SC sheriff encourages people to arm themselves

Wait for the video to download about half way down the page. http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Wait for the video to download about half way down the page. http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html
    He is a genuine person and human being. I could only wish all leo were as genuine as he is. Straight shooter ( no pun intneded) and heart felt!
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

"Guns have not killed a single person without some body stupid being on the trigger anyway."

Last edited by XDFDE45; 11-01-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

This story just made USA Today's Top Stories on their homepage. Not often that you get "good" national coverage of a gun story.

http://usat.ly/ush4DA
    Last edited by thebigsd; 11-01-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Sheriff Chuck Wright "Dude"

MSNBC fill-in host Craig Melvin asked Sheriff Chuck Wright...

"Sheriff, if law enforcement is charged with protecting the public, then, then, then why should that not be sufficient? Why should folks have to go out and get guns and arm themselves if we've got cops?"

To which Wright responded:

"We can't be everywhere, and we are a fool if we tell everybody that we can take care of all of our problems."

Melvin: "If women are shooting potential attackers, aren't they presuming guilt before innocence? What if a woman kills an attacker? Isn't that opening another whole legal can of worms?"

Sheriff Wright: "Well, it's easy to fix that. Just don't attack a woman.... I know that this is controversial, but I do believe that people who believe in the Second Amendment and believe that they should arm themselves have a right to do so, as long as they're trained properly."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...n_we_have_cops

Fox news is carrying this story as well. How fitting that it break on the first day of Concealed Carry in WI.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Fox news is carrying this story as well. How fitting that it break on the first day of Concealed Carry in WI.
    Indeed, it is.

It's also great that we still have a national news outlet who will actually report newsworthy items instead of hackneyed, biased dribble.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

[QUOTE=oldbanger;1639686]MSNBC fill-in host Craig Melvin asked Sheriff Chuck Wright...

"Sheriff, if law enforcement is charged with protecting the public, then, then, then why should that not be sufficient? Why should folks have to go out and get guns and arm themselves if we've got cops?"
    That's a big "IF". As in a non-congruous conditional statement (big assumption on media'a part) IE: Warren v. DC . "they" (LEO's) are NOT charged with protecting the public. The public is left to feel/believe that LE is, when in fact they are not.

To which Wright responded:

"We can't be everywhere, and we are a fool if we tell everybody that we can take care of all of our problems."
    Ibid

Melvin: "If women are shooting potential attackers,
    The capacity to attack should not be confused with an attack. We all have the capacity to do good or evil. It is the action/acting out that makes all the difference in the world.

aren't they presuming guilt before innocence?
    Don't do that! It is the job of our illegal system!

What if a woman kills an attacker?
    Congratulate her for surviving the attack. Real attack? Then a real response is in order, period. After a righteous shoot, call 911 so they can start the paperwork and process the (former) animal.

Isn't that opening another whole legal can of worms?"
    Not if it is a righteous shoot.

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I've seen so much uncommon sense (as Chesterton puts it) all in one statement by LEO. Sheriff Wright is 100% on the ball. My hats off to him. And we have had to endure "Chief" Arts. (Spoke with Arts once, face to face. Not very encouraging. Maybe just me.)

Hoping I have all this formatted properly, as it is my first post. Just recently registered with the forum. Starting my learning curve with this..... as of.... Now. Thank you all for all the good info and help keeping abreast of all things 2A. Here goes......