• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SC sheriff encourages people to arm themselves

XDFDE45

"Guns have not killed a single person without some body stupid being on the trigger anyway."

applause.gif

Last edited:

oldbanger

Sheriff Chuck Wright "Dude"

MSNBC fill-in host Craig Melvin asked Sheriff Chuck Wright...

"Sheriff, if law enforcement is charged with protecting the public, then, then, then why should that not be sufficient? Why should folks have to go out and get guns and arm themselves if we've got cops?"

To which Wright responded:

"We can't be everywhere, :dude: and we are a fool if we tell everybody that we can take care of all of our problems."

Melvin: "If women are shooting potential attackers, aren't they presuming guilt before innocence? What if a woman kills an attacker? :eek: Isn't that opening another whole legal can of worms?"

Sheriff Wright: "Well, it's easy to fix that. :dude: Just don't attack a woman.... I know that this is controversial, but I do believe that people who believe in the Second Amendment and believe that they should arm themselves have a right to do so, as long as they're trained properly."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/11/01/msnbc_host_why_should_people_have_guns_when_we_have_cops

MilProGuy

Fox news is carrying this story as well. How fitting that it break on the first day of Concealed Carry in WI.

Indeed, it is.

It's also great that we still have a national news outlet who will actually report newsworthy items instead of hackneyed, biased dribble.

PQ36

MSNBC fill-in host Craig Melvin asked Sheriff Chuck Wright...

"Sheriff, if law enforcement is charged with protecting the public, then, then, then why should that not be sufficient? Why should folks have to go out and get guns and arm themselves if we've got cops?"

That's a big "IF". As in a non-congruous conditional statement (big assumption on media'a part) IE: Warren v. DC . "they" (LEO's) are NOT charged with protecting the public. The public is left to feel/believe that LE is, when in fact they are not.

To which Wright responded:

"We can't be everywhere, :dude: and we are a fool if we tell everybody that we can take care of all of our problems."

Ibid

Melvin: "If women are shooting potential attackers,

The capacity to attack should not be confused with an attack. We all have the capacity to do good or evil. It is the action/acting out that makes all the difference in the world.

aren't they presuming guilt before innocence?

Don't do that! It is the job of our illegal system!

What if a woman kills an attacker?

Congratulate her for surviving the attack. Real attack? Then a real response is in order, period. After a righteous shoot, call 911 so they can start the paperwork and process the (former) animal.

:eek: Isn't that opening another whole legal can of worms?"

Not if it is a righteous shoot.

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I've seen so much uncommon sense (as Chesterton puts it) all in one statement by LEO. Sheriff Wright is 100% on the ball. My hats off to him. And we have had to endure "Chief" Arts. (Spoke with Arts once, face to face. Not very encouraging. Maybe just me.)

Hoping I have all this formatted properly, as it is my first post. Just recently registered with the forum. Starting my learning curve with this..... as of.... Now. Thank you all for all the good info and help keeping abreast of all things 2A. Here goes......