• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN - THREAD---- (WI CCW APPLICATION SUBMISSION THREAD)wht proof?

Wolf1477

Hunters Safety
Could have sent in my PA LTCF and some additional training, but, don't want to muddy the waters. I know my HS qualifies so I left it at that.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

USPS Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation Service

provides delivery confirmation service without burdening the receivables clerk - to shuffle it to the bottom of the stack.

Application, DD-214 and personal check.

M

McX

wisconsin DL, utah class paper, penn. non-res., application with all them signed places. pick up at the post office at 1:45 i think it said. 3 stamps to mail all the crap. this better be worth it. $50 left my hands today.

Vandil

DL, UT, HS, Affirmation, Money Order, App ->USPS Priority Delivery Confirmation.

Mailing from inside the same post office district so it should be in the DOJ PO Box by 7pm tonight.

bmwguy11

You don't need a copy of your driver's license. Just the number on the form. We submitted our completed forms with checks and affidavits for training.

M

McX

DL, UT, HS, Affirmation, Money Order, App ->USPS Priority Delivery Confirmation.

Mailing from inside the same post office district so it should be in the DOJ PO Box by 7pm tonight.

cheater, send me your best gun.

Vandil

You don't need a copy of your driver's license.

True.

I already had a single sheet color copy of my 3 state docs so I just threw that in the envelope vs making a new copy. I've heard it's a good idea to keep proof of identification with your NFA Trust Declaration and 5230's.

Outdoorsman1

Dropped mine (Utah Permit) off in person at about 8:10 this morning... the Capitol Police would not let us in until 8:00 SHARP... by the time we got to the DOJ office, there were already three guys there (thinking maybe Capitol building employees that could get in early..??)... I was number FOUR to hand in a permit.....:banana:

Did not matter that much number 1 or number 20... the had a large (locked) "Drop Box" by Cindi's desk... she was there but we just put the envelopes in the slot...

Now the clock starts on the 45 days....Tic-Toc Tic-Toc Tic Toc...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I think they will start processing apps today people might start seeing them towards end of the week.

Unless one has trouble buying guns one should not have any trouble with this.

With all the heat doj got over the E rules I don't think they will screw around with the app process.

Time will tell

Mine goes in the mail tommorrow wife tells me were are out of stamps and Iam not driving 12 miles for one.

svelectric

Got mine into the post office bucket at 9AM this morning, not that it'll be "ahead" of any others that are received tomorrow... I can only assume I won't see this before the end of the year, if I do, i'll be floored.

sv

jrclen

Application, hunter safety, $50 check. I handed it to our rural carrier today. It will be at DOJ tomorrow.

McNutty

Sent priority mail with delivery confirmation (things do get lost on occasion with our fantastic and efficient mail system).

I had to send my training certificate with supplemental affidavit. My Utah permit has yet to arrive - it'll probably be in the mail today.

I also threw in a copy of my DL. I am 99.99% certain it is not required (only the DL # on the application form) but for the sake of eliminating that 0.01% of uncertainly that was created as I read the instructions, I thought it wouldn't hurt to thrown it in there.

Packfanatic

one item

I sent DD214, HS, Maryland, NRA

I didn't want to mess around.

**Any one of the proof of training documents listed in #1-#5 are sufficient. For example, a person who submits a DNR hunter education certificate is not required to submit documentation of #2-#5.

so i sent my DD214