Thread: Good news for firearms owners in Clark County.

Good news for firearms owners in Clark County.

David Roger, Clark County D.A. will retire on Jan 3rd. My fingers are crossed that we get someone to replace him who actually cares about the law .

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    David Roger, Clark County D.A. will retire on Jan 3rd. My fingers are crossed that we get someone to replace him who actually cares about the law .

TBG
    Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.
    I'm wondering what the process is to replace him, appointment to fill out his term or new election?

TBG

The Clark County Commission will appoint a replacement to finish the term.

Tom

All planned. Early retirement means an appointment of someone, instead of an election between two unknowns who may actually have to tell the public what their stands are. Now the appointee will be an incumbent with a much better chance at winning the next election regardless of his leanings. I'm sure someone might even be getting an early retirement bonus.

I don't actually believe any of that, but cynicism is too good to waste. Besides, the general population votes for who had the most signs on vacant land.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    All planned. Early retirement means an appointment of someone, instead of an election between two unknowns who may actually have to tell the public what their stands are. Now the appointee will be an incumbent with a much better chance at winning the next election regardless of his leanings. I'm sure someone might even be getting an early retirement bonus.

I don't actually believe any of that, but cynicism is too good to waste. Besides, the general population votes for who had the most signs on vacant land.
    Perhaps when election rolls around we are going to have to hit the streets in support of a candidate who will carry our views. Pass out flyers, knock on doors, stand on the corner with signs. Take up a collection to run spots. Whatever it takes. I think it would be hard to come up with anyone worse than Roger. Could be done, but hard.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

I don't disbelieve it. I believe that stuff does happen.

Also, the majority of Clark County Commissioners are Democrats, are they not? And the Clark County Commissioners have been reluctant to address firearms ordinances, right?