Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than 80,000 applications downloaded, 400,000 hits. CWLs issued Tuesday!

Herr Heckler Koch

More than 80,000 applications downloaded, 400,000 hits. CWLs issued Tuesday!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...133006158.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg Jones, MJS
    The state expects to start issuing concealed carry permits later Tuesday afternoon, according to Department of Justice spokeswoman Dana Brueck. Since the permits will be mailed, it will take a few days for applicants to receive them.
    It's too bad there isn't a market for CWLs, both the trading floor and my flash trader's parlor are buzzing with the numbers!

I wonder how they track the number of "downloads." I mean I probably opened the application form from the DOJ website at least three times this morning.

I'm surprised to see them saying that they could start issuing permits this afternoon. Not that there isn't a reason as to why they couldn't - it just seems like it would be far too efficient for a government agency.

I didn't think there'd be that many. I can see the $$$ in the state's eyes. I hope we can get off the money train and back to the Constitution.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I thought they had to be mailed.

How can they start to issue, how many people were at the DOJ this A.M. anyway? boar out. oh ya, in the post office at 8:00, so shouldn't be long, if so, I can wait.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    I heard MCX downloaded it 79,000 times in an attempt to keep people from getting any steeeeeeeeekin' permits. ;-)
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    I heard MCX downloaded it 79,000 times in an attempt to keep people from getting any steeeeeeeeekin' permits. ;-)
    Are you sure it isn't because he was trying to get his steeeeekin' permit?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    How can they start to issue, how many people were at the DOJ this A.M. anyway? boar out. oh ya, in the post office at 8:00, so shouldn't be long, if so, I can wait.
    You could go to the DOJ and get the application and fill it out and give it to them on the spot. So some people did that today, hence why some permits may be mailed out to recipients by the end of the day today.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    You could go to the DOJ and get the application and fill it out and give it to them on the spot. So some people did that today, hence why some permits may be mailed out to recipients by the end of the day today.
    and that's exactly why they should have just started issuing them on the spot as they were submitted. If they can be mailing them back out the same day then they could have just printed them and handed them over. Save all that postage.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    and that's exactly why they should have just started issuing them on the spot as they were submitted. If they can be mailing them back out the same day then they could have just printed them and handed them over. Save all that postage.
    That makes way to much sense for an agency staffed with Democratic appointees. However, I am impressed that any permits were actually issued "same day". My thought was that DOJ would take every one of the 45 days allotted to them by the law.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    I estimated about 20 - 30 were there by about 8:30... And I heard on the radio that the crowds kinda came in spurts thatformed a steady stream throughout the day... somethiong about 120 - 150 applications taken in persaon today....

jpm84092
    That makes way to much sense for an agency staffed with Democratic appointees. However, I am impressed that any permits were actually issued "same day". My thought was that DOJ would take every one of the 45 days allotted to them by the law.

This...^^^^ I am EXCITED that they started processing and printing (sending) permits today.... What I thought was going to take 45 days could happen by the end of the week....

Did I say I was EXCITED.... no wait...

LETSDANCE....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891Ė1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Are you sure it isn't because he was trying to get his steeeeekin' permit?
    you guys are murder. yes, i am going to get my permit, yes it is steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkin.
    Last edited by McX; 11-01-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    you guys are murder. yes, i am going to get my permit, yes it is steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkin.
    You must be thinking of another state... Wisconsin issues a license. :-D
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Congrats to all Cheeseheads

You've waited a long time and in return ended up with (imho) a pretty decent statute, one claimed to be the fifth best in the nation.
    "If your not first... Your LAST!"
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    You must be thinking of another state... Wisconsin issues a license. :-D
    fancy word, more letters, 'splains why it costs $50 bucks.

As of 3:45 p.m., 145 applications had been received by the Department of Justice and of those, 123 had been approved and 85 had been printed. Applications could not be submitted until Tuesday and by 9 a.m., 83,000 forms had been downloaded.
    So I'll get mine before Van Hollen and Walker?

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    fancy word, more letters, 'splains why it costs $50 bucks.
    PA's license is only $20

Justice Department inundated with concealed carry applications

As of 3:45 p.m., 145 applications had been received by the Department of Justice
    145 is "inundated"????
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; 11-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    States donít have rights. People do.

123 approved and 85 printed? I can print 85 pages in about five minutes. What are they doing, printing them by hand? Do they have one calligraphy artist handmaking your licenses? Congrats once again guys!
    Last edited by thebigsd; 11-01-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Angry

Van Hollen got the first permit Channel 3000
    http://www.channel3000.com/politics/...62/detail.html
    Last edited by RIVER RAT; 11-01-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Can you repost a proper link please? Yours does not work.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Well, wait til tomorrow (Wed) when all the mailed applications start coming in. THEN it'll slow down.

If van hollen got the first permit, may I see his qualifications to make sure they meet the rules HE made?

Quote Originally Posted by RIVER RAT View Post
    Van Hollen got the first permit Channel 3000
    http://www.channel3000.com/politics/...62/detail.html
    Isn't favoritism my (explicative deleted).
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RIVER RAT View Post
    Thank you.

Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen had the Justice Department issue the first permit to him as a dry run of the process. Van Hollen said it wasn't favoritism since other people who had finished training were also issued permits Tuesday.

This guy turns out to be more of a ********* every day.

The sun rose today. The sun set. The streets are not rivers of blood... So no matter what asshatery the DOJ engaged in today they couldn't overshadow a historical event.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

My mom always said I should have been a lawyer.

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Van Hollen received the first permit. Big deal. He has still pissed many people off and may find himself looking for a new job as a result.

On a more positive note, I'm tickled to hear that the DOJ is processing applications and issuing permission slips from mommy as fast as they can. I certainly had my doubts regarding state government's expediency. This one time I've been proved wrong.

So...... YAY. (dancing banana)
    Last edited by bluehighways; 11-02-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast