• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More than 80,000 applications downloaded, 400,000 hits. CWLs issued Tuesday!

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

rcav8r

Well, wait til tomorrow (Wed) when all the mailed applications start coming in. THEN it'll slow down.

If van hollen got the first permit, may I see his qualifications to make sure they meet the rules HE made?

HandyHamlet

Thank you.

Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen had the Justice Department issue the first permit to him as a dry run of the process. Van Hollen said it wasn't favoritism since other people who had finished training were also issued permits Tuesday.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

This guy turns out to be more of a douchebag every day.

The sun rose today. The sun set. The streets are not rivers of blood... So no matter what asshatery the DOJ engaged in today they couldn't overshadow a historical event.

bluehighways

Van Hollen received the first permit. Big deal. He has still pissed many people off and may find himself looking for a new job as a result.

On a more positive note, I'm tickled to hear that the DOJ is processing applications and issuing permission slips from mommy as fast as they can. I certainly had my doubts regarding state government's expediency. This one time I've been proved wrong.

So...... YAY. (dancing banana)

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Why shouldn't have VanHollen received the first permit? It was his memo of April 20, 2009 that is largely responsible for where we are today concerning our gun rights. Recognition of open carry as constitutionally protected, restriction on disorderly conduct charge, modification of vehicle carry, soon to be passed castle doctrine, probably the fifth best shall issue CCW law in the nation, partial nullification of the 1000 foot school zone. We've come a long way baby since 2009. Quit whining. Doesn't mean we don't have more to do. We have to get long guns included in the vehicle carry exemption, stand your ground included in the castile doctrine, total abolishment of the GFSZ and total recognition of constitutional carry but right now let's enjoy the progress that has been made in record short time. They may not be perfect but let's remember if Walker and VanHollen weren't in office we would probably still be where we were on April 19, 2009.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Constitutional Carry will never happen in Wisconsin

CC will never happen. Follow the money. That is my profession and my professional opinion. My money is on capitalism.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Intrade Trading Exchange - come on in, the water's fine!

http://www.intrade.com

Put your money where your mouth is.

Suggest A Contract

Just fill out the form below and our contract listing team will consider it for listing on intrade.com. No idea is too off the wall, many of our most popular contracts have been suggested by our members.

If you want to trade it, other members will too!

http://www.intrade.com/aav2/suggestAContract.jsp

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Sure interesting how people can twist things to thier ideology. By record short time I was referring to the accomplishments made since the AG's memo April 20, 2009. Anyone that is familiar with normal legislative process would agree.

Captain Nemo

Perhaps after all the hype has blown over someone will contest Act 35 as in itself being unconstitutional. After all when a constitutional right declares that the carry of a firearm for security is constitutionally protected how can the the legislature dictate that carrying a concealed firearm for part of the definition of security is in fact constitutionally protected but the other part requires a state issued privilege?

Teej

Perhaps after all the hype has blown over someone will contest Act 35 as in itself being unconstitutional. After all when a constitutional right declares that the carry of a firearm for security is constitutionally protected how can the the legislature dictate that carrying a concealed firearm for part of the definition of security is in fact constitutionally protected but the other part requires a state issued privilege?

Don't think that will fly..the old ccw ban was found constitutional because it wasn't a ban on caring carrying... Just a limit on the way of carrying.

Trip20

Sure interesting how people can twist things to thier ideology. By record short time I was referring to the accomplishments made since the AG's memo April 20, 2009. Anyone that is familiar with normal legislative process would agree.

Accomplishments since the AG's memo were not realized solely due to work performed in same "short" time frame on which you focus. I must assume you're familiar with the previous unsuccessful legislative processes leading up to this point. Therefore if you look at the entire road of progression (not just the time frame that pleases you), this endeavor was unnecessarily long, hard and aggravating.

Captain Nemo

Teej:

Not talking about the constitutionality of 941.23. I'm talking about the butchering of the definition of security and why is concealed carry protected by Article I sec 25 for part of the definition of security and not the total legal definition of security? Why is concealed carry constitutionally ok for security of business, home and land but not for the security of persons or family? In Wisconsin law security is - protection from perceived danger. It does not say the perceived danger must be to inanimate things only.

Teej

Accomplishments since the AG's memo were not realized solely due to work performed in same "short" time frame on which you focus. I must assume you're familiar with the previous unsuccessful legislative processes leading up to this point. Therefore if you look at the entire road of progression (not just the time frame that pleases you), this endeavor was unnecessarily long, hard and aggravating.

Agreed. This is something many people have been working towards for the better part of 20 years. Perhaps more - that's just people I know about.

Captain Nemo

Trip 20:
Not talking about the Personal Protection Acts of the early 2000's. They were so full of compromises that they are best forgotten. Besides I was involved in those enterprises as early as 2003. Things were pretty much at a standstill on the concealed carry issue until open carry became widely recognized as a right. Even the NRA left town.

BROKENSPROKET

CC will never happen. Follow the money. That is my profession and my professional opinion. My money is on capitalism.

I would agree with you, BUT I heard that when training was mandated, persons only took what was mandated and where it was not mandated, persons took a bit more training. I can't cite that so consider that hearsay, but consider the unintended consequence.

Trip20

Trip 20:
Not talking about the Personal Protection Acts of the early 2000's. They were so full of compromises that they are best forgotten. Besides I was involved in those enterprises as early as 2003. Things were pretty much at a standstill on the concealed carry issue until open carry became widely recognized as a right. Even the NRA left town.

I agree. But I think what keeps me from being "glass-half-full" about this is that I look at it as all one progression (including those past bills which, in many ways, sucked). What we have today is also a result of those endeavors we worked on in 2003, and even earlier yet. I guess I just can't ignore those items when forming an opinion as to how fast or slow this process took. This may just be a collision between a pessimist and an optimist :D