• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

90 permits already approved, 42 printed

BROKENSPROKET

If I had even *thought* they'd start actually working on the permits today I may have taken the day off and drove the 4.5 hours to get there. Then again with the cost of gas I really have no urge to pay $300 for a permit.

I spent $60 in gas and it was worth it. I got to meet Handy Hamlet.:lol: Once I meet someone in person, I undertand what they post ALOT better and I hear thier voice in my head when I read.

Outdoorsman 1, which one of the group were you?

e6chevron, thanks for the constant humor.

To everyone that I already knew, it was great to see you all again.

Motofixxer, your genourosity will not be forgotten. Thank you.

Charles Atlas, it was good to meet you.

I'm forgetting someone?

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

it was a great day at the capitol

I spent $60 in gas and it was worth it. I got to meet Handy Hamlet.:lol: Once I meet someone in person, I undertand what they post ALOT better and I hear thier voice in my head when I read.

The pleasure was all mine.

It was a great day. Hit a few record shops, book stores, stuffed myself on Thai food... All I need is a pair of Birkenstocks and I would fit right in with this hippie crowd.

:banana:

E6chevron

I'm forgetting someone?

Paul, was unforgettable.

A few of us were not all there... No, that came out wrong... or NOT.

We must all remember, what can be done working together, making some compromises on the way to our immediate goals.

Good plans are being formulated for continued progress.

GlockRDH

I'm forgetting someone?

It was great to meet you also Broken...!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Sorry I couldn't be there to share this historic moment with my friends, but I couldn't afford the gas/time from Grant county. We'll see how long the mail process takes from Cassville. I'll bet they get a few mail sacks full today! :dude:

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want to be working the mail at the DOJ in the next few days!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
So they approved and printed about 80 permits, now how long do you think they'll sit on them before mailing them out, the legislature stated they have 45 days, are they going to drag their feet and mail them on the 44th day or do you think they will quit being pricks and get them out.

I expect a long delay for mine just because every NICS check gets delayed at least 7-10 business days every single time I try to purchase a firearm, I even got delayed an the DPMS AR15 lower I tried to purchase. WTF?

So, as long as we need the double secret probation to get a permit, which legislator can we start leaning on to get rid of the NICS check and wait if you are a valid permit holder! I would love to be able to buy at shows from some dealers, but getting delayed for days on end keeps me from doing so.

Mine got mailed from 54548 at about noon on 11-01-2011, Maybe I'll see it before the end of the year?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So they approved and printed about 80 permits, now how long do you think they'll sit on them before mailing them out, the legislature stated they have 45 days, are they going to drag their feet and mail them on the 44th day or do you think they will quit being pricks and get them out.

I expect a long delay for mine just because every NICS check gets delayed at least 7-10 business days every single time I try to purchase a firearm, I even got delayed an the DPMS AR15 lower I tried to purchase. WTF?

So, as long as we need the double secret probation to get a permit, which legislator can we start leaning on to get rid of the NICS check and wait if you are a valid permit holder! I would love to be able to buy at shows from some dealers, but getting delayed for days on end keeps me from doing so.

Mine got mailed from 54548 at about noon on 11-01-2011, Maybe I'll see it before the end of the year?

If you don't include your SS number (I don't ever either) and you have a name that is similar to someone who has got into trouble, you may get delayed over and over. I've got a friend with a common name that this happens to. Also, if you've previously had an FFL but no longer, the check can get delayed because they check to see why you don't have it anymore. Luckily for me, my name isn't common and I've never had an FFL so haven't been delayed before.

I do think what you suggest is a good idea. I know they could do it on the state check for pistols but don't you still have to get the federal check either way?

bmwguy11

Even if you include your SS number you still get the delay, which is just stupid. Ask me how I know...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Even if you include your SS number you still get the delay, which is just stupid. Ask me how I know...

Exactly,
Including my SSN has done nothing to speed things up, and I am starting to consider the UPIN option to try and help.
I do not have a common last name, in fact there are only 2 others with my last name that I have ever found. None of them has any disqualifying events either. (Ma & Bro)

Interceptor_Knight

WI DOJ uses your WI DL number so it does no good to include your SSN on a 4473 for a handgun purchase. As we all now know, the Carry License application only has a place for your WI DL number.

paul@paul-fisher.com

WI DOJ uses your WI DL number so it does no good to include your SSN on a 4473 for a handgun purchase. As we all now know, the Carry License application only has a place for your WI DL number.

However, as Jason is implying in another thread, the permit number is NOT your drivers license #. It is sequential. He said his is between 10 and 20. Mine should be as well since we put our applications in the bucket at basically the same time. I will find out when I get home.

wiscollector

Banned
Do the math and we should be worried!

On day one would it be a good guess from the reported counts that they maybe got 200 permits issued.

Day 2-30 could possibly see 10,000 or more mailed in applications.

Figuring the extra work of having to open and process all those, we could be in for a huge wait.

10,000/200 per day = 50days

Thats just figuring 10,000 in the first month.

If over 100,000 applications were downloaded from the website on day one and if just 50% of those applications are mailed in then that would be

50,000/200 per day = 250 days

They are really going to have to pick up the pace?????????????????????

In Minnesota there was a flood of applications when CCW first came to be. The MN system allowed all the applications to be divided up into every Sheriff office throughout the state. In WI. its just one office in Madison.

It may be fast for some to get their permit and very very long for others????????????????

My app was mailed Nov1 priority mail and they should get it today. I am thinking maybe 2 weeks min for my permit.

Last edited:

svelectric

On day one would it be a good guess from the reported counts that they maybe got 200 permits issued.

Figuring the extra work of having to open and process all those, we could be in for a huge wait.

If over 100,000 applications were downloaded from the website on day one and if just 50% of those applications are mailed in then that would be

Exactly... The early reports of the first few is good news, but those of us in the mail, are in for a long wait. My UTAH permit took ~150 days. Don't think I'll be carrying in 2011...

protias

In Minnesota there was a flood of applications when CCW first came to be. The MN system allowed all the applications to be divided up into every Sheriff office throughout the state. In WI. its just one office in Madison.

It may be fast for some to get their permit and very very long for others????????????????

My app was mailed Nov1 priority mail and they should get it today. I am thinking maybe 2 weeks min for my permit.

I heard they received 10k apps when the mail came in today...