• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

90 permits already approved, 42 printed

Trip20

Pretty low rate per person hour.

With some assumptions it looks like 1.30 apps processed per hour per person.

Assumes:
--35 workers were on board for entire sample period
--8 hour work days
--4 hour half days ending at noon

CCapps.jpg

It's been awhile and I can't remember how long I'm used to waiting while going through the background check process when purchasing a firearm. I want to say 10-15 minutes?

Last edited:

bmwguy11

My permit was # 1464, issued 11/6. However it wasn't mailed until 11/7.

Last edited:

E6chevron

My permit was # 1464, issued 11/6. However it wasn't mailed until 11/7.

Good for you! and thanks for the info.

Issue date of 11/6 makes it a Sunday. Looks like someobody is getting overtime. This is one way to use staff with other full-time duties to keep the process moving.

BROKENSPROKET

Pretty low rate per person hour.
At the recent Joint Committee for Review of Administrative Rules public hearing on the Emergency Rules, J.B. said that 4 months was not enough time to implement the software that would have sped up the process, and that because of that, everything is currently being entered and processed manually. I hear the J.B. had wanted a year to implement and might just be spitefully poking the legislators. They better still be working on that software and not diverted resources to process cuz that would be like spending a dollar to save a quarter.

paul@paul-fisher.com

At the recent Joint Committee for Review of Administrative Rules public hearing on the Emergency Rules, J.B. said that 4 months was not enough time to implement the software that would have sped up the process, and that because of that, everything is currently being entered and processed manually. I hear the J.B. had wanted a year to implement and might just be spitefully poking the legislators. They better still be working on that software and not diverted resources to process cuz that would be like spending a dollar to save a quarter.

Simple solution. If there is a huge backlog at 45 days, just repeal 941.23 and 'fix' 167.31.

protias

I also read this news report that J.B. says they are now having to do the background checks MANUALLY due to technical problems.

What does that mean?

It doesnt sound good.

http://www.wrn.com/2011/11/concealed-carry-permits-could-face-delays/

It means a poop storm is coming. ;)

News Release: Governor Scott Walker, through Exuctive Order, stating Hereby, 941.23, 941.235, 941.237, 943.13(1m), 948.605 is suspended and void until such time the DOJ remedies thier backlog issue.:cool:

You know the rules, cite please. :p

E6chevron

I also read this news report that J.B. says they are now having to do the background checks MANUALLY due to technical problems.

What does that mean?

It doesnt sound good.

http://www.wrn.com/2011/11/concealed-carry-permits-could-face-delays/

It probably means that after the applicants information has been entered into the computer, to be used in license processing and printing, they have to MANUALLY type some of that information again into a different screen/program for background check processing.

175.60(3) Restrictions on issuing a license. The department shall issue a license under this section to an individual who submits an application under sub. (7) unless any of the following applies:
(b) The individual is prohibited under federal law from possessing a firearm that has been transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
(c) The individual is prohibited from possessing a firearm under s. 941.29.
(d) The court has prohibited the individual from possessing a dangerous weapon under s. 969.02 (3) (c) or 969.03 (1) (c).
(e) The individual is on release under s. 969.01 and the individual may not possess a dangerous weapon as a condition of the release.

(c) refers to 941.29 Possession of a firearm. Mostly felony crimes, or committments or ordered not to possss a firearm or injunctions.

(d) refers to 969.02 or .03. Prohibited from possessing any dangerous weaapon, for defendants charged with misdemeanors or felonies

(e) refers to 969.01 Release before or after conviction.

These checks involve more than the NICS check.

wiscollector

Banned
News reports indicate that as of Wed Nov9 about 30,500 apps were received.

Report says that only 3,287 have been printed as of that date.

Thats about 365 printed per day on avg.

Numbers still indicate that DOJ is on track to FAIL with the 45 day requirement.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

News reports indicate that as of Wed Nov9 about 30,500 apps were received. Report says that only 3,287 have been printed as of that date. Thats about 365 printed per day on avg. Numbers still indicate that DOJ is on track to FAIL with the 45 day requirement.
Even, if I did not have my CWL, which I do, I would not be stamping my feet like an anile(sp) fool.

The Attorney General asked for 1 year to implement this as he wanted. The legislature gave the DOJ less than 4 months after signing, for the law to be effective. This is a very short time table. The Attorney General is compling with the act, there are no specific sanctions for not meeting the 45 day turnaround deadline. I am sure if you did not comply with a law which had no sanctions, you would not volunteer for sanctions.

You seem to want to complain about the A.G. violating a law that hasn't yet been violated. Isn't that unconstitutional? I guess if your curiosity about the process is strong enough, you could do a FOIA filing for the processing statistics, but the release of statistics is spelled out in the Act itself.
Anile is from the Latin anus 'old woman' and means old womanish. http://reason.com/archives/1999/07/01/cracking-the-speech-code

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

News reports indicate that as of Wed Nov9 about 30,500 apps were received.

Report says that only 3,287 have been printed as of that date.

Thats about 365 printed per day on avg.

Numbers still indicate that DOJ is on track to FAIL with the 45 day requirement.

Don't look at the overall average. They started out slow around 250/day the first week, but supposedly got over 700/day over the weekend. They have a chance of making it if they can keep improve on that pace abit.