Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB69 is being voted on in assembly right now

Ab69 passes!!

update: castle doctrine passed assembly! next onto senate.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-01-2011 at 08:25 PM.

amendment to watch

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession...9-ASA3-AA4.pdf

AA4

By young and coggs, democrats. They basically want to make it so that it removes your car from the bill.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.

rep kessler complaining about why they are bringing up castle doctrine during the jobs session. also complaining about them allowing CCW permit holders to carry in the assembly gallery.

And ranting about how someone somewhere in some gallery shot someone during a voting session or something. apparently thinks that if they had a sign posted that it would have somehow stopped this. and now he's using the gonzales case as an argument too.

Rep Young: This is a sad day in wisconsin as we have been fine for 50 years without concealed carry, and blah blah blah more liberal BS.

The gallery cheered him so they cleared the entire gallery out.

While I was there today I stopped in my Reps. (Kerkman) office to talk to her about Castle Doctrine and to remind her about the E-mails I sent her with Floridas "Stand YOur Ground" law... She said she remembered them and will keep it in mind today....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

And 20 minutes wasted because morons can't figure out not to hold up signs, use their cameras, and cheer/clap/boo.

Coggs: It would be unfortunate if some of our teens who decide to steal a car would get shot in the course of that action even though they are wrong, it's not right for someone to get shot over a car.

And no, I'm not making that sh*t up.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-01-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Rep Taylor complaining about castle doctrine during jobs session. Now saying that no member of the state bar can come up with a single case or instance where someone wasn't able to defend themselves without issue in the state of wisconsin, so the castle doctrine isn't necessary. Now complaining about how the bill would allow someone to kill another person just because that person broke into someone's home and that's wrong, as it provides no recourse for the "victim's families" (victim being the criminal). She has an amendment that she's trying to push that would allow families of these "victims" to sue for killing said criminal during their criminal act.

She now claims that in florida neighbors just shoot neighbors because of castle doctrine and it's all a big problem in florida blah blah blah.

They are now onto passage of the bill. Vote to come soon after more ridiculous democratic garbage.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Blow-hards.......
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Coggs: It would be unfortunate if some of our teens who decide to steal a car would get shot in the course of that action even though they are wrong, it's not right for someone to get shot over a car.

And no, I'm not making that sh*t up.
    I witnessed her comments as well. I think she's mentally ill.

Also, in Florida, neighbors are killing neighbors.

Ab69 passed!!!!!!!!

Ab69 passed!!!!!!!!
    With the Sudor amendment?

And was it bipartisan?
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

It was slightly bipartisan and yes with suder amendment.

It was slightly bipartisan and yes with suder amendment.
    That's great!

Tuesday morning, after the recess for Dem. and Rep. caucuses, they were predicting that AB69 would not be voted on until 10 or 11pm.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs down Not so great....

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    That's great!

Tuesday morning, after the recess for Dem. and Rep. caucuses, they were predicting that AB69 would not be voted on until 10 or 11pm.
    Not so great; they took out vehicle protection and didn't include Stand Your Ground.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Not so great; they took out vehicle protection and didn't include Stand Your Ground.
    No, vehicle protection was left in. They tabled the amendment by the democrats that removed "motor vehicle".

The bill AB69 with ASA3 was passed.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession.../AB69-ASA3.pdf

Use of force in response to unlawful and forcible entry into a
    dwelling, motor vehicle, or place of business; civil liability immunity.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-02-2011 at 09:41 AM.

I don't think I'm alone in saying...

...I'm not going to take a scumbags life over my truck unless they tried to use it as a weapon. If the situation allowed I would; possibly, place myself, pistol in hand, in a position that a law enforcement officer would take and try to stop the theft. But shoot, I don't think so. Just think of the mess. boar out.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    ...I'm not going to take a scumbags life over my truck unless they tried to use it as a weapon. If the situation allowed I would; possibly, place myself, pistol in hand, in a position that a law enforcement officer would take and try to stop the theft. But shoot, I don't think so. Just think of the mess. boar out.
    If I'm in my car with my 2 year old strapped into the child seat, I will fire against someone who would attempt to steal my vehicle if I feared that they were going to take it and run with my 2 year old still in it, or if I feared for the life of me or my child.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-02-2011 at 11:29 AM.

If I'm in my car with my 2 year old strapped into the child seat, I will fire against someone who would attempt to steal my vehicle if I feared that they were going to take it and run with my 2 year old and all.
    Darn skippy! Will I shoot at someone trying to get into my unoccupied truck? More than likely no, depending on other circumstances. But, if anyone is in the vehicle, you can bet your tail I'm going to do whatever is necessary to prevent it.

I'm not going to risk the lives/well being of my family and/or friends because some "poor, misunderstood carjacker" decides he/she/it needs my vehicle more than I do and decides to try to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    ...I'm not going to take a scumbags life over my truck unless they tried to use it as a weapon.
    Not to mention, who actually tries to car jack someone without a weapon? wouldn't you just roll up the window and/or drive away? lol
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-02-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Question

What is the Suder amendment and did it pass with the "any place a person may legally be" clause?

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    What is the Suder amendment and did it pass with the "any place a person may legally be" clause?
    The Suder amendment was not "stand your ground". It was only clearing up the fact that just because "Castle Doctrine" law didn't specify a place other than home, business, or car, does not mean that we are not entitled to claim the privilege of self defense in other locations. It was to keep activist courts from effectively abolishing the privilege to claim self defense in other places.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-02-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    The Suder amendment was not "stand your ground". It was only clearing up the fact that just because "Castle Doctrine" law didn't specify a place other than home, business, or car, does not mean that we are not entitled to claim the privilege of self defense in other locations. It was to keep activist courts from effectively abolishing the privilege to claim self defense in other places.
    Good! Thanks for the info. Since there are so many statutes and new ones being created, regarding firearms, CC,OC etc... I still haven't sortrd them out in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Good! Thanks for the info. Since there are so many statutes and new ones being created, regarding firearms, CC,OC etc... I still haven't sortrd them out in my mind.
    This one definitely isn't for lack of research. We visited several Reps yesterday and none of them knew what the amendment was. We actually had to go to Sudor's office to find out!
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-02-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast