• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB69 is being voted on in assembly right now

bmwguy11

Ab69 passes!!

update: castle doctrine passed assembly! next onto senate.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

rep kessler complaining about why they are bringing up castle doctrine during the jobs session. also complaining about them allowing CCW permit holders to carry in the assembly gallery.

And ranting about how someone somewhere in some gallery shot someone during a voting session or something. apparently thinks that if they had a sign posted that it would have somehow stopped this. and now he's using the gonzales case as an argument too.

bmwguy11

Rep Young: This is a sad day in wisconsin as we have been fine for 50 years without concealed carry, and blah blah blah more liberal BS.

The gallery cheered him so they cleared the entire gallery out.

Outdoorsman1

While I was there today I stopped in my Reps. (Kerkman) office to talk to her about Castle Doctrine and to remind her about the E-mails I sent her with Floridas "Stand YOur Ground" law... She said she remembered them and will keep it in mind today....

Outdoorsman1

bmwguy11

And 20 minutes wasted because morons can't figure out not to hold up signs, use their cameras, and cheer/clap/boo.

bmwguy11

Coggs: It would be unfortunate if some of our teens who decide to steal a car would get shot in the course of that action even though they are wrong, it's not right for someone to get shot over a car.

And no, I'm not making that sh*t up.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Rep Taylor complaining about castle doctrine during jobs session. Now saying that no member of the state bar can come up with a single case or instance where someone wasn't able to defend themselves without issue in the state of wisconsin, so the castle doctrine isn't necessary. Now complaining about how the bill would allow someone to kill another person just because that person broke into someone's home and that's wrong, as it provides no recourse for the "victim's families" (victim being the criminal). She has an amendment that she's trying to push that would allow families of these "victims" to sue for killing said criminal during their criminal act.

She now claims that in florida neighbors just shoot neighbors because of castle doctrine and it's all a big problem in florida blah blah blah.

bmwguy11

They are now onto passage of the bill. Vote to come soon after more ridiculous democratic garbage.

McNutty

Coggs: It would be unfortunate if some of our teens who decide to steal a car would get shot in the course of that action even though they are wrong, it's not right for someone to get shot over a car.

And no, I'm not making that sh*t up.

I witnessed her comments as well. I think she's mentally ill.

Also, in Florida, neighbors are killing neighbors.

bmwguy11

Last edited:

wild boar

I don't think I'm alone in saying...

...I'm not going to take a scumbags life over my truck unless they tried to use it as a weapon. If the situation allowed I would; possibly, place myself, pistol in hand, in a position that a law enforcement officer would take and try to stop the theft. But shoot, I don't think so. Just think of the mess. boar out.

bmwguy11

...I'm not going to take a scumbags life over my truck unless they tried to use it as a weapon. If the situation allowed I would; possibly, place myself, pistol in hand, in a position that a law enforcement officer would take and try to stop the theft. But shoot, I don't think so. Just think of the mess. boar out.

If I'm in my car with my 2 year old strapped into the child seat, I will fire against someone who would attempt to steal my vehicle if I feared that they were going to take it and run with my 2 year old still in it, or if I feared for the life of me or my child.

Last edited:

Wolf1477

If I'm in my car with my 2 year old strapped into the child seat, I will fire against someone who would attempt to steal my vehicle if I feared that they were going to take it and run with my 2 year old and all.

Darn skippy! Will I shoot at someone trying to get into my unoccupied truck? More than likely no, depending on other circumstances. But, if anyone is in the vehicle, you can bet your tail I'm going to do whatever is necessary to prevent it.

I'm not going to risk the lives/well being of my family and/or friends because some "poor, misunderstood carjacker" decides he/she/it needs my vehicle more than I do and decides to try to take it.