Thread: Permit #1 goes to JB Van Hollen

Permit #1 goes to JB Van Hollen

He shouldve been thelast person to get a permit, wth?

Justice Department inundated with concealed carry applications
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...133006158.html

Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen had the Justice Department issue the first permit to him as a dry run of the process. Van Hollen said it wasn't favoritism since other people who had finished training were also issued permits Tuesday.
    If that was the case the first permit would have gone to Pam Galloway, or a guy in the DOJ mail room, or outdoorsman1, or a Veteran, or a grandmother, or a single mom, or anyone else other than that Van Hollen the liar.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Herr Heckler Koch

Citation please

Quote Originally Posted by wiscollector View Post
    I thought it was against the law to receive favoritism like this. ...
    If a person receives preferential treatment like this, isnt that against the law?

If the person processing the permits had 10 on their desk and they put his on top of the pile just because of who he was, then that person could also be guilty of favoritism and subject to disciplinary action.
    Please cite an on point Wisconsin Statute.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/prefaces/toc

Campaign Veteran
    I'd be willing to bet that his was the first one, in order to "test the process" as the articles have claimed.

I'm not surprised that the first one went to someone in the office. Doesn't matter if it was his or someone else in the office. I would like to know who permit 2-10 went to. If they were all officials or state employees, then something isn't right. I'd be willing to bet that the 40+ permits that were printed yesterday went to state employees.

I know people were there the moment the office opened to turn there applications in. Hopefully we'll hear today from them that the magic paper arrived
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Wow, This just pisses me off..

Why shouldn't he have received the first permit? It was his memo of April 20, 2009 that made most of where we are today concerning gun rights in Wisconsin possible. My what a short memory people have.

Wow I guess a lot of people would rather have had a AG that didn't want a permit.

Then one that wanted no.1

I think that it is a good sign that he wanted a permit to begain with.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Angry Decide for yourself if regular citizens are consided a lower class than law makers.

Did anybody see VanHollen in line? He's probably had his shiny new permit since last week.... Two facts, according to the DOJ:
    1. Applications will not be accepted before Nov. 1 because, by law, no B/G checks can be run until then.
    2. Applications will be processed in the order received.

Decide for yourself if regular citizens are a lower class than law makers in Wisconsin....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    I guess I don't really care. If you were JB, wouldn't you want to snag the first one? Sure, it's a little annoying and he got a special privilege, but in the grand scheme of things this is such a small blip on my radar as to be nearly nonexistent. We've got bigger fish to fry people.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I have no problem with this. He's earned his position. He's put out memos in the past to help OC. He's pushing out permits DAY ONE. If he wants the first one, that's fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Did anybody see VanHollen in line? He's probably had his shiny new permit since last week.... Two facts, according to the DOJ:
    1. Applications will not be accepted before Nov. 1 because, by law, no B/G checks can be run until then.
    2. Applications will be processed in the order received.

Decide for yourself if regular citizens are a lower class than law makers in Wisconsin....
    Didn't wait in line because he was in before the doors opened....he works there. I doubt he had it before yesterday. They have already printed others...no reason why his wasn't the first one printed.
    States donít have rights. People do.

I am more unhappy with his work (or lack of) regarding machine-gun ownership than anything else he has done lately.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post
    I am more unhappy with his work (or lack of) regarding machine-gun ownership than anything else he has done lately.
    How? Isn't that just between the Feds and your local chief LEO or trust lawyer?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    How? Isn't that just between the Feds and your local chief LEO or trust lawyer?
    No- for quite some time past AG's accepted the difference between a corporation or trust ownership vs. individual ownership----This has since changed under J.B.'s watch--now there is no distinction between the two. Everyone must now have permission from a CLEO--thanks to J.B. VanHollen. The BATF agent I spoke with said this came straight from the AG's office. Other states and their respective AG's acknowledge the difference between a trust/corp. vs. individual ownership--we are now behind in that regard as well. I will not forget this during the next voting cycle.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

No- for quite some time past AG's accepted the difference between a corporation or trust ownership vs. individual ownership----This has since changed under J.B.'s watch--now there is no distinction between the two. Everyone must now have permission from a CLEO--thanks to J.B. VanHollen. The BATF agent I spoke with said this came straight from the AG's office. Other states and their respective AG's acknowledge the difference between a trust/corp. vs. individual ownership--we are now behind in that regard as well. I will not forget this during the next voting cycle.
    Thanks, I was unaware of this. Do you have any links or cites?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that his was the first one, in order to "test the process" as the articles have claimed.

I'm not surprised that the first one went to someone in the office. Doesn't matter if it was his or someone else in the office. I would like to know who permit 2-10 went to. If they were all officials or state employees, then something isn't right. I'd be willing to bet that the 40+ permits that were printed yesterday went to state employees.

I know people were there the moment the office opened to turn there applications in. Hopefully we'll hear today from them that the magic paper arrived
    I'll cover that bet, how much is it for?

They were taking applications in person, as soon as the doors opened. If the early licenses numbers are very important to you, what time were you there, yesterday?

Most people should be comfortable with the concept: First come, first served.
    Last edited by E6chevron; 11-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

That was what JB said, but I don't believe it. They ran test's applications before Nov. 1 to make sure the system works. They did not wait until Tuesday morning on Nov. 1 to 'test' the system.

All the legislators and staffers in the Capital put thier applications put thier applications in the same drop box. I don't know about DOJ employees in the Risser building, but WCI members that went to the Capital to drop off applications are getting really low numbers below 40.

I guess I don't really care. If you were JB, wouldn't you want to snag the first one? Sure, it's a little annoying and he got a special privilege, but in the grand scheme of things this is such a small blip on my radar as to be nearly nonexistent. We've got bigger fish to fry people.
    I agree!!!

Thanks, I was unaware of this. Do you have any links or cites?

I have an email from an ATF supervisor that I have been sharing with various police chiefs in my attempts to obtain this "golden ticket". I'd be happy to discuss this with you via telephone or personal email since it isn't really an OC or handgun directed conversation.
    skorittnig

Niccolo Machiavelli

I have an email from an ATF supervisor that I have been sharing with various police chiefs in my attempts to obtain this "golden ticket". I'd be happy to discuss this with you via telephone or personal email since it isn't really an OC or handgun directed conversation.
    Cool, just shoot me a PM then if you don't mind.

Thanks!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet
    If that was the case the first permit would have gone to Pam Galloway
    I think she should have been permit #1, even if they needed someone for a "test case" (you can't convince me they haven't been running "test cases" for several weeks now, at the very least, even if they weren't real permits).

But like so much else with this mess, it's already done.
    All we can do is remember next time an opportunity comes for us to express our opinions about JB.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I think she should have been permit #1, even if they needed someone for a "test case" (you can't convince me they haven't been running "test cases" for several weeks now, at the very least, even if they weren't real permits).

But like so much else with this mess, it's already done.
    All we can do is remember next time an opportunity comes for us to express our opinions about JB.
    It would take a hell of a candidate to get me to vote against him in a primary. Not perfect, but better the devil you know...

General election...no fn way..that'd mean voting D, and that's not happening anytime soon.