Thread: "Getting Arrested App" - Useful for Open Carry?

Most historic town in, Virginia, USA

"Getting Arrested App" - Useful for Open Carry?

Look at this! Maybe the idiot protesters have inspired one useful thing!

I can see where this could be very handy for Open Carriers, especially in states where progress is lagging behind. Throw in a voice recorder that needs a password to turn off and automatically transmits the sound file to an off-site server, and it's GOLD!

Wall Street protesters get 'Getting Arrested' app

"Here's how it works: Users write a text message in advance and program a list of recipients. As they're about to be arrested, users can hit one button and alert everyone on their list."

Quarryville, PA
    Could come in handy. Although what would you put for the pre-written message? A little easier for the Occupy Wall Street crowd I would think...

The recorder would be nice. I have one that requires a passcode but it doesn't automatically send stuff off.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 11-01-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    , ,
    Here's a link to the app. Darned if I know how to install it but it'd be good to have just in case you need to notify User.

Richmond, Virginia, USA

"I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I wonder if it would be beneficial to adapt the technology that provides the well-known message "I've fallen and I can't get up!" to declare "I've been arrested and I can't get bail!" -- to be broadcast to those who could help.

Life Alert becomes Freedom Alert, or something.

Say, Wasn't Koop for gun control?