• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Getting Arrested App" - Useful for Open Carry?

TFred

Look at this! Maybe the idiot protesters have inspired one useful thing!

I can see where this could be very handy for Open Carriers, especially in states where progress is lagging behind. Throw in a voice recorder that needs a password to turn off and automatically transmits the sound file to an off-site server, and it's GOLD!

TFred

Wall Street protesters get 'Getting Arrested' app

snip:

"Here's how it works: Users write a text message in advance and program a list of recipients. As they're about to be arrested, users can hit one button and alert everyone on their list."

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Could come in handy. Although what would you put for the pre-written message? A little easier for the Occupy Wall Street crowd I would think...

The recorder would be nice. I have one that requires a passcode but it doesn't automatically send stuff off.

Last edited: