Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: VCDL Operation Campus Safety @ ODU pics

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorktown, VA, ,
    Posts
    270

    VCDL Operation Campus Safety @ ODU pics

    All images are reduced in size considerably - if full sized images are required for print or publication please contact me at 757photo@cox.net

    Here is a link to the gallery: http://www.pbase.com/757_photo/vcdl

    If anyone has any great ideas regarding where to post the pics and link to them I am all ears
    Last edited by Renegade; 11-02-2011 at 10:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    155
    Images broken....

    http://imgur.com works well for multiple photos, just drag and drop from folder onto website and it will upload them.
    Last edited by Dogbait; 11-02-2011 at 04:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbait View Post
    Images broken....

    http://imgur.com works well for multiple photos, just drag and drop from folder onto website and it will upload them.
    Can you link them?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorktown, VA, ,
    Posts
    270
    I can try something else later - working right now - if anyone has any suggestions on how to link let me know

    http://www.pbase.com/757_photo/vcdl

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I can try something else later - working right now - if anyone has any suggestions on how to link let me know

    http://www.pbase.com/757_photo/vcdl
    I'm not sure what you mean "Link" Renegade.
    You just showed a link to the album.

    If you want to put them here, you can post them one at a time.
    You seem to have a lot of pictures of one particular Blonde

    Very Nice Job!

    Last edited by peter nap; 11-02-2011 at 10:47 AM.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I can try something else later - working right now - if anyone has any suggestions on how to link let me know

    http://www.pbase.com/757_photo/vcdl
    That one work goodie.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201
    Thank you for the pictures!

  8. #8
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586
    Impressive pics! They tell a story very different from the TV news media. Good job!
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  9. #9
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Impressive pics! They tell a story very different from the TV news media. Good job!
    Very nice. Distribute at will.

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    One of the nicest things about the Pics is that they show some of our younger members (TJ and Dejeeper) working hand in hand with all the old goats, and getting a positive response by the students.

    I guess the old days of never trust anyone over 35 are gone.

    I really don't see anything negative.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    One of the nicest things about the Pics is that they show some of our younger members (TJ and Dejeeper) working hand in hand with all the old goats, and getting a positive response by the students.

    I guess the old days of never trust anyone over 35 are gone.

    I really don't see anything negative.
    The negatives/antis were there - just not very effective........as usual.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Great pics. Can't wait for the VT event!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    Awesome pics! I wish we could have had one overhead to show the major contrast of population density of the Pro's vs the Anti's. (I.E. our intelligent sea of realistic people vs the single moronic chanting line of unrealistic daydreamers)

    but great nonetheless!

  15. #15
    Lone Star Veteran DrMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,553
    Very nice.

    Wish I could have been there.

  16. #16
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You seem to have a lot of pictures of one particular Blonde
    I was as going to ask why she was in so many pictures, but I do the same thing with a camera out in public. Ask me wife

    Sorry honey, I keed, I keed!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorktown, VA, ,
    Posts
    270
    Actually - these pics were part of a social experiment regarding open carry men like us and our ability to identify threats (men) and opportunities (women) in mixed crowds. Sorry fellas, most of us failed, lol.

    Now how many noticed the FOUR pictures of the blonde girl?

    And how many noticed the FIVE pictures of the man with the cardboard sign?

    Very interesting...maybe women are more dangerous to us???

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Trained/conditioned response vs innate genetic response.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Actually - these pics were part of a social experiment regarding open carry men like us and our ability to identify threats (men) and opportunities (women) in mixed crowds. Sorry fellas, most of us failed, lol.

    Now how many noticed the FOUR pictures of the blonde girl?

    And how many noticed the FIVE pictures of the man with the cardboard sign?

    Very interesting...maybe women are more dangerous to us???
    but did you see the dancing bear?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •