• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Firearms

Wolf1477

Minocqua does not sell firearms, they moved to a larger location and the firearm department went away. I believe rhinelander still does sell though.

Really? Man my memory sucks. I could have *sworn* I saw some shotguns in a case the last time I was there.

Man, I only have one strike left before I'm out of the "Which Walmart Sells Guns" game

safcrkr

Minocqua does not sell firearms, they moved to a larger location and the firearm department went away. I believe rhinelander still does sell though.

I was just there (Minocqua) about two weeks ago working on their safe. Both Minocqua & Rhinelander stores use my services. No guns in Minocqua but Rhinelander still has two turntable gun racks, of rifles & shotguns. Prices are about the same as Fleet Farm. Example: plain-jane Ruger 10-22, wood/blue = $205. Ruger Mini-14 Ranch = $657. We got a good deal on a Mossberg 935 waterfowl gun there last Christmas (it was my present from the wife, but I did the NICS) for $435.

Last time I was there, Antigo had no guns neither. But Fleet Farm & Dunhams are within sight of the Walmart parking lot. Last time I was at Merrill store, they had guns... but that's been a few years.

littlewolf

I can't seem to find on Walmart's website which of their stores carry firearms. If your Walmart carries firearms would you be so kind as to at least give the city that it is located in? Thanks.

Plover sells guns but then again so do I

scorpio_vette

watertown carries rifles and shotguns, and as of last week even carry a M16-A4 (or whatever the civilian version is called).

adhurt

I was just there (Minocqua) about two weeks ago working on their safe. Both Minocqua & Rhinelander stores use my services. No guns in Minocqua but Rhinelander still has two turntable gun racks, of rifles & shotguns. Prices are about the same as Fleet Farm. Example: plain-jane Ruger 10-22, wood/blue = $205. Ruger Mini-14 Ranch = $657. We got a good deal on a Mossberg 935 waterfowl gun there last Christmas (it was my present from the wife, but I did the NICS) for $435.

Last time I was there, Antigo had no guns neither. But Fleet Farm & Dunhams are within sight of the Walmart parking lot. Last time I was at Merrill store, they had guns... but that's been a few years.

Just an update, Antigo got back into the long gun game. They have a small, but reasonable display of rifles and shotguns in their sporting goods now. Their staff is pretty competent also, and the prices are better (as of this morning) than Dunhams.