• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit arrived!!

Jason in WI

Just ran to the box and.....

Yep got it in hand!!!

I am number 4x (don't know if it is bad to post the number...)

Guess I might be a founder?

Pretty cool. I was very surprised as I never thought it would be im the mail. I had hopes it would be here within a week because they siad they were processing the ones that were handed in but never expected it the next day.

Real funny about our numbers, our group should have been very close. Did you turn yours in last? I thought I was near the back. Guess it really dosen't mater, I'm super happy to be in double digits.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Grant Guess

3 of my students dropped them off yesterday and 1 for sure got his. He called me all pumped up.

Of course, none told me that they were going and would take mine :cry:

xenophon

I don't know if it matters but I'm all paranoid when it comes to the government, as you all know so I probably wouldn't post it either. In any case they were all in a bin so I'm sure they weren't in the order we were in line. I'm hoping for #69 personally.

Probably got divided up to the temps, and you got someone slow.

HandyHamlet

Got the mail today and no permit. I find it hard to believe that Elkhorn is 2 days from Madison.

Good news/bad news.

I thought Jason was yanking our chains. Sure enough I just got a white envelope with official emblem on it in my box. My heart leapt I was suddenly so excited. You can feel the card inside! It is pretty thick.

I tore it open immediately...

#69!

SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!???????????

uh wait.

What the hell....?

Paul Fischer?

Paul Fischer? The famous dude from all those interviews???

I got the wrong @&%@&@((! card*.

:mad::banghead::mad:

* I kid, I kid. Got mine and it is a lowlowlowlowlow number... CindI must love me!

E6chevron

Received the Wisconsin Concealed Cary License #5x today. (it is a LICENSE, not a permit)

P.S. Paul Fischer, yours was in the envelope too. I just tossed it out by the curb near the maple tree, you can order a replacement, I'm sure!

Last edited:

jeff niles

cc-permit

I just got mine 2:30 number 34 how did i beat Paul i got there after him ? Its good to roll no more BS load and unload.

Last edited:

Mlutz

Anyone that was "processed" yesterday should receive some mail today. I even have a cite... :p

ups.com/maps/results

That should work.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Talked to the Elkhorn postmaster and she said it is highly probable that mail mailed after noon yesterday from Madison might take 2 days to Elkhorn. It makes a stop in Milwaukee. :banghead:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Good news/bad news.

I thought Jason was yanking our chains. Sure enough I just got a white envelope with official emblem on it in my box. My heart leapt I was suddenly so excited. You can feel the card inside! It is pretty thick.

I tore it open immediately...

#69!

SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!???????????

uh wait.

What the hell....?

Paul Fischer?

Paul Fischer? The famous dude from all those interviews???

I got the wrong @&%@&@((! card*.

:mad::banghead::mad:

* I kid, I kid. Got mine and it is a lowlowlowlowlow number... CindI must love me!

Received the Wisconsin Concealed Cary License #5x today. (it is a LICENSE, not a permit)

P.S. Paul Fischer, yours was in the envelope too. I just tossed it out by the curb near the map.e tree, you can order a replacement, I'm sure!

You guys are plain evil! LOL :lol:

I just got mine 2:30 number 3* how did i beat Paul i got after him ? It good to roll no more BS load and unload.

Because they were all tossed into a bin the size of a garbage can. I'm sure they all got mixed up and who knows what number we get. It'll be really funny, if "Mr. 1st in line who shall not be named" get's the highest number of the day when they started going through the can.

At least we now know that wasn't a paper shredding sound we heard when we put them into the slot in the can. :lol:

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

I don't expect to see mine until Friday as I live in a rural area @45 minutes from a sorting center in west central Wisconsin.

View attachment 7286

Sidenote: I entered 'Madistan' and Google Maps knew exactly where I wanted to go.

Living in a rural county in west central Wisconsin, more than 170 miles away, I would have thought that I would get mine by Thursday, maybe Friday at the latest. But guess what? :banana::banana::banana: #14

Last edited:

jpm84092

Congratulations Wisconsin

On a break at work I checked the forum to find this thread and I am very excited for all of you who have already received your permit/ license and those of you who are about to.

I am beaming with pride and happiness that all the hard work of WI Carry, NRA, the sponsoring legislators, and everyone else that helped this day become a reality has finally paid off. I am also happy to be a WI Carry member and to have provided a very tiny contribution in offering affordable firearms training. My contribution may have been very small, but my pride and happiness at your accomplishments is as high as any mountain in Utah (and Utah has big mountains).

So, Carry On My Friends, proudly carry on, but be ready to conceal your handgun. As much as I enjoy open carry, concealed carry gives me a tactical advantage in that the bad guy intent on murdering me does not know that I am armed.

I hope to see some of you on my upcoming trip to WI.

Yellow Cat out -

HandyHamlet

Living in a rural county in west central Wisconsin, more than 170 miles away, I would have thought that I would get mine by Thursday, maybe Friday at the latest. But guess what? :banana::banana::banana:

Congrats!

I am beaming with pride and happiness that all the hard work of WI Carry, NRA, the sponsoring legislators, and everyone else that helped this day become a reality has finally paid off.

And a tip of the hat to you Sir for offering a class on a week day AND a holiday as well. I literally couldn't have done it any other way.

Outdoorsman1

I am sorta confused...

Ok, I am a little confused..... ok, ok, ok, a lot confused.... but only sometimes... ok, ok, ok..most of the time...

Serioulsy... why the caution in not posting the permit numbers...??????

Outdoorsman1

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I called it this morning. I knew it! Came home and only junk mail. Knowing my luck, which is uncommonly bad, there's something wrong. Believe me, if one got lost, stolen by hippies, sent to the wrong address or stuck on the bottom of JB's shoe and carelessly tossed in the trash, it's mine.

I was prepared to wait a couple weeks, but when people started getting theirs I became hopeful. I should know better. Back to expecting nothing so I can be pleasantly surprised when something good happens.

Meh...