• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armslist - (The Craigslist for firearms)

robin.kevin

Hey Forumers I want to share a website with you that works a lot like Craigslist. Its a free to post website where you can buy, sale and trade firearms. My personally experience with the site was great. I turn to the website after months of failing to get an offer on my pistol that I could settle for. Only a few days or so after posting I was able to find a buyer which offered me a trade with some boot which helped me out by getting me the cash I needed at the time plus kept me armed and even end up with a pistol I like just as much as my old one!

So if you would please click the link below and check out the site. I actually do get points for spreading the word in which I could win jacket and usually I would do this sort of thing. However I firmly believe in the site and think its a great idea and good for the firearms community so by spreading the word for a reward its a win win for people who haven't heard of the site, for me if I win, and for everyone as its just another step in ensuring our 2nd amendment right.

Here's the link: http://www.armslist.com/p/2757?returnurl=/

Thank you!

robin.kevin

I see some have view... can I get some feedback on rather or not y'all have heard of Armslist. Reason being if everyone has already heard if it then I am not doing much good at all besides just spamming the website. I don't want to do that, as I said I thought it would be a win win as it doesn't seem as many people have heard of it as I thought, but could be wrong. It could just be old news...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have heard of it but I haven't used it. It sounds very similar to Gunbroker which is well established and has served me well. Does Armslist offer any kind of buyer protection? As for it being old news, they have been around since 2009.

Last edited:

jag06

I have never heard of it before. I looked it over and it seems like a good site. Unfortunately I am not in the market for a gun right now, but that does not stop me from browsing.

Gunslinger

I posted my Taurus 24/7 OSS on it friday afternoon. Sold it Saturday after 4 replies to the first contact for full price. Great listing! Thank you for the link~!

carsontech

Activist Member
I've been using it since it started up. I've traded many firearms using it. I don't like paper trails because I F'n hate the ATF and all things Fed related. Although, if an individual wants a bill of sale, that's fine.

I only stick to my local state for handgun purchases because I don't want an FFL to have to be involved. The only thing is, the amount of guns available for buying and trading for limited on how active your state's citizens are in buying and selling firearms.

Last edited:

robin.kevin

I've been using it since it started up. I've traded many firearms using it. I don't like paper trails because I F'n hate the ATF and all things Fed related. Although, if an individual wants a bill of sale, that's fine.

I only stick to my local state for handgun purchases because I don't want an FFL to have to be involved. The only thing is, the amount of guns available for buying and trading for is limited on how active your states citizens are in buying and selling firearms.

A part of that is people who are trying to sell by other means or selling to pawn shops. Getting the word out there that their is other great ways to sell firearms might help this. Why sell a gun to a pawn shop for $200 when they are going to turn around and sell it for $400? Sell it to someone who will actually use it and make an extra hundred and save them a hundred over what the pawn shop would charge. Best way to beat gun grabbers is by communicating and working together.

carsontech

Activist Member
A part of that is people who are trying to sell by other means or selling to pawn shops. Getting the word out there that their is other great ways to sell firearms might help this. Why sell a gun to a pawn shop for $200 when they are going to turn around and sell it for $400? Sell it to someone who will actually use it and make an extra hundred and save them a hundred over what the pawn shop would charge. Best way to beat gun grabbers is by communicating and working together.

Hellz yea!

robin.kevin

Anyone else have luck on Armslist?

Personally I been in the market for a used gun and can usually find good deals on there but not have much luck here recently.