• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I get the Sig SP2022 or CZ P07 Duty?

amtilton17

I currently own a Ruger P95 and am looking to add another 9mm. I have heard some good things about both the Sig Sauer SP2022 and the CZ P07 Duty. What are the pros and cons of both of these guns and which would you recommend?

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I have the SP2022. It's my carry pistol. I love it. Easy to use, clean, shoot, and mount things. It is one of the most accurate handguns I have ever owned or shot. Feels good in the hand too. You will not be disappointed.

carsontech

Activist Member
Look for posts by RPGamingGirl or Verd.

They own a Ruger P95 and a Sig SP2022. They may have a review out there comparing and explaining the contrasts between the two firearms.

I figured since you are coming from a P-95, a review by someone that owns Ruger P95 and a gun you are looking into getting would be beneficial to you.

Last edited:

amtilton17

They own a Ruger P95 and a Sig SP2022. They may have a review out there comparing and explaining the contrasts between the two firearms.

I figured since you are coming from a P-95, a review by someone that owns Ruger P95 and a gun you are looking into getting would be beneficial to you.

I am not sure if it was either of the two you are talking about, but I did read a couple of posts by a husband and wife, which the wife carried the P95 and the husband, the SP 2022 and they both said they liked both guns and I have heard a lot of good about both makers and both models. I'm just trying to see if someone has any experience with both and which they liked better. They are both similar in price and have a lot of features that I like. I may be leaning toward the sig just because of the cool factor of the sig brand lol.

carsontech

Activist Member
Roger that. I would love to own more Sigs, myself, I just can't afford most of them at this time. I havn't shot a CZ before though. Although, I've handled them and really like how they feel in the hand.

I've shot a few Sigs and have owned a P-250. I really like the looks and feel of the P-250, but it just doesn't feel like a Sig. The 2022 felt more like a Sig though. I'm not sure why they made the gun, as it's only a few ounces less than the gun they emulated it after. But its MUCH cheaper, and I like that! Actually, I guess that's why they made it that way, its cheaper to produce. A polymer Sig, whaaa? I think I may end up with one in the future.

I know this doesn't help, its just my opinion.

Check out this video by "the sheepdog", :lol: He talks way too much, his videos are long, and he has that whole sheepdog mentality... but its a good review. Check it out "dewds" :p :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0es37RojNA

Last edited:

STLJSN

I own the CZ P-07, and carry it frequently.

I have only run a little over 300 rds through it, but 0 problems so far. That is with a mix of factory FMJ and reloads, as well as 100 rds of Winchester Silver tips.

rgrizzleleather.com can make a holster for it, and there are other sites that have them as well. However, I would avoid any one size fits all holsters. The mag release button has a high profile, and the cheap holster I was using while waiting for my r grizzle holster was releasing the mag when I leaned back on it.

As for the handling of the gun - I like the ergonomics of the CZs as well as I like a Browning Hi-Power, and that is HIGH praise. The P-07 is no different for me. It fits my hand perfectly, and points naturally. It is pretty slim, and conceals fairly well. Some of the edges are a bit sharp, so choose wisely on the holster. It is a shooter, this gun will make you look good. I like the double action pull of this gun better than the pull on my Smith and Wesson revolvers. It is smoooooth. I have seen complaints about the sights, but I like them, and the front dot is very visible. I do expect to upgrade them at some point, but don't feel the current sights leave me at a disadvantage. The price on the P-07 is pretty tought to beat as well. Spare mags could be cheaper, but they really aren't bad enough to let that factor scare you off.

So far, I don't have the frame buldge that gets talked about on the internet, and my mags drop free IF YOU HOLD THE MAG release button down (if you just touch it, they do not drop free).

I don't own, and have not shot any Sigs, so I can't comment there.

I love the CZ, but each person has to choose what is the best tool for themselves. Good luck.

2A Pride

I only have only shot the Sig, but I can at least share my experience with that. Out of 600 rounds, I never had a single malfunction. That was about 550 winchester white box 115 grain, and 1 box of Hornady critical defense 115 grain, and 1 box federal hydrashock 124 grain. When fired single-action, it was also incredibly accurate. For a $400 dollar gun, it's hard to beat regarding accuracy and reliability.

However, there were also several reasons I ended up selling it. First, it's larger than other comparable pistols such as the Glock 19, XD, or even the steel-frame Sigs. It only comes with one mag, and extras are upwards of 40 dollars, but that probably won't be much difference from the CZ in your case. Mainly, the double-action trigger on the gun is possibly the worst I have ever experienced. I suggest that if you can't rent one to try out first at a local range, at least go see a dealer who is comfortable letting you safely try a few dry-fire squeezes. In all fairness, I have found I generally don't like double/single action guns, but prefer a consistent pull every time such as striker-fired pistols or 1911's.

Since you're also considering the CZ, I would assume you may like a double/single action pull. In this case, you may like the trigger more than I did. Either way, be aware that it comes with a very hefty weight on the first shot. If that part doesn't bother you, I have no problem at all recommending the SP2022 as an accurate and reliable defensive handgun.

I don't know if any of this information helps, but I wish you the best in finding the right one for you.

Carry Safely, Carry Proudly, and Carry ALWAYS

RPGamingGirl

Wow, i'm impressed you remembered us! I don't post much, and i don't think my husband does either.

But it's true; we own a Ruger P95 (his carry gun) and a Sig Sauer SP2022 (mine!). They're both great guns; at first i thought the P95 was too clunky and rough on the recoil, but with a few months' experience, i'm a confident shooter with both now.

The Sig is a bit narrower in the hand, and smoother to fire. The first trigger pull isn't as long and stiff as the first shot on a P95. It's slightly picker about reloads though; if that's something you're interested in doing, you've got to be very precise or the brass won't always eject correctly.

Mine only came with one magazine. That's my one and only real gripe. And the spring pin that came with it is plastic, and got pretty chewed up, so i replaced that with metal. Another thing that may or may not be a deal-breaker for you is that there isn't a manual safety on the side like the P95 has.

Last edited: