• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

interesting information about lobbying against SB93

bmwguy11

http://ethics.state.wi.us/scripts/currentSession/LegProps.asp?key=REGSB93

I'd be curious to see what a chapter 19 open records request would turn up in terms of lobbying in local areas that have been banning CCW. I'm tempted to make a few open records requests myself, particularly for those councilmembers, mayors, etc that claimed they got a "ton" of people saying not to allow guns in city buildings.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

I think that there may be a lot of lobbying and things going on behind closed doors that could be leading for a larger liberal push of repealing the CCW law or pushing more municipalities to ban weapons than have already done so. I've never made an open records request, anyone know how to do them?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Lobbying rules and complaint form.

Quite coincidentally a group of us are considering a complaint of an unregistered lobbyist that brags about lobbying for a Wisconsin corporation (presumably paying expenses) but with no known income.

When must a lobbyist register
View attachment 7292

When does an org need to register
View attachment 7293

Verified GAB complaint form
View attachment 7294

bmwguy11

Are you able to PM me the details? I'd be curious to know. :D

And thanks for posting that info. I'm definitely interested in doing some open records requests just have to find out how.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Open Records/Open Meetings is on the DoJ page with the CWL site but diagonally opposite.