• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee-area coffee shop supports OC!

MKEgal

Stopped in one of my favorite locally-owned coffee shops this afternoon to use their internet, & saw a new sign on the door. I'll post a picture as soon as I can, but the text reads:
No concealed guns, bazookas, grenade launchers, flame throwers.
Bob (the owner) says he's perfectly happy with OC customers.
I've even done a TV news interview here, armed.
(Yes, the underlining is on the sign, and yes, he knows that people could still cc knives, electric 'weapons', etc.)

I'm considering running some firearm safety classes here.
Strongly suggest that people get their fix here next time you're in the area.

Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
4924 W Roosevelt Dr.
Milwaukee 53216

Trip20

So Bob does not allow concealed carry permit holders to carry concealed?

Why the jubilation?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So Bob does not allow concealed carry permit holders to carry concealed?

Why the jubilation?

Well, this is an OC forum and the owner isn't taking away self defense; just one mode of carry. Maybe he likes the deterrent effect and he wants the benefit of your gun too instead of just you getting it.

Heck, I know I'd rather people OC if they come to my house.

protias

Well, this is an OC forum and the owner isn't taking away self defense; just one mode of carry. Maybe he likes the deterrent effect and he wants the benefit of your gun too instead of just you getting it.

Heck, I know I'd rather people OC if they come to my house.

You just want to ogle the firearm... ;)

BrewTownBagger

Glad to hear it, I drive by the place at least 5 times a week and always wanted to stop in. I know the area could turn quickly if the neighbors and business owners weren't so involved with their community. Maybe that's why he prefers OC, for the deterring effect

MKEgal

Just told him about the generally positive response to this thread, & he says he welcomes any lawfully-armed person. One reason he prefers OC is so other people can choose where to sit.

(Honestly, most people don't notice. You all know that.
Heck, I had lunch w/ a friend from this site, after having spent the morning @ the range together, & he didn't notice I was carrying. And yes, I'm going to keep chuckling at you about that. You knew better!)