• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

in colorado now but coming to maine soon

Flashlight

Looks about right, but remember the licensed establishment law only applies to places licensed to sell alcohol for on premises consumption. It also only applies to those places that post no firearms in a manner likely to come to the attention of all patrons. For example, the Maine Mall is posted to prohibit weapons, but they are not licensed to sell alcohol. Most bars are licensed to sell alcohol but I haven't seen any yet that are posted no firearms.

I noticed he mentioned Baxter State Park. I thought that all restrictions on state parks were lifted?

Also, the courthouse prohibition says that it is a Judicial Order. Does that carry the force of law? It also says that one cannot possess a firearm on any area under control or supervision of the judicial branch. Does that make parking lots off limits?

boyscout399

I noticed he mentioned Baxter State Park. I thought that all restrictions on state parks were lifted?

Also, the courthouse prohibition says that it is a Judicial Order. Does that carry the force of law? It also says that one cannot possess a firearm on any area under control or supervision of the judicial branch. Does that make parking lots off limits?

Title 17-A Sec 1058 It's a statute, not just a judicial order.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Not according to the statute. It says in a courthouse not on the courthouse property.

Shooter McGee

thanks for that statute. i had missed that one and my post is now edited to show said statute. remember, i am well over 2,000 miles west and 9,000 ft above sea level. i can only do so much online. please cut, paste, add to and make any corrections as needed. i'd like this to be as thorough as possible. i really do appreciate everyone's help. oi!

CCinMaine

Looks about right, but remember the licensed establishment law only applies to places licensed to sell alcohol for on premises consumption. It also only applies to those places that post no firearms in a manner likely to come to the attention of all patrons. For example, the Maine Mall is posted to prohibit weapons, but they are not licensed to sell alcohol. Most bars are licensed to sell alcohol but I haven't seen any yet that are posted no firearms.

Is the Maine mall posted? My woman drags me there fairly often, but I've never seen it posted. (Kinda new to open carrying everywhere.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

boyscout399

Is the Maine mall posted? My woman drags me there fairly often, but I've never seen it posted. (Kinda new to open carrying everywhere.)

The food court entrance has a small plaque to the left hand side with the mall rules. The last rule is no weapons allowed. This sign is not present at all entrances. If you open carry, mall security will ask you to leave, and you must comply. But they are not licensed to sell alcohol for on premises consumption anyway, so you are not breaking the law by carrying there. Once they ask you to leave, if you do not comply, then you are trespassing.

Last edited:

CCinMaine

I know I have to comply if asked to leave, posted properly or not, I just never have seen the signs. I'll just cc there.