• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thompson guilty of excessive force, and

tombrewster421

Since I joined this forum I've come to the conclusion that OC can be about the 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments as much as the 2nd. RIP Otto.

+1 we have lots of rights. If we don't use all of them at the same time, at least one of them will be trampled.

Jeff Hayes

What ever you do....DO NOT get this **** started on this forum AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! He is borderline anarchist and will result in more problems for OC than he realizes. SVG tries to do what he thinks is the right thing, but he does not think enough.

So you are OK with depriving SVG of his 1st Amendment rights because you dont agree with what he says, WOW you really need to rethink what you just said. There are rules against personal attacks on this forum I would say this is borderline at best. For example I often do not agree with BigDave but I support his right to take cheap shots at SVG.

SVG Illegitimi non carborundum brother.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
So you are OK with depriving SVG of his 1st Amendment rights because you dont agree with what he says, WOW you really need to rethink what you just said. There are rules against personal attacks on this forum I would say this is borderline at best. For example I often do not agree with BigDave but I support his right to take cheap shots at SVG.

No One is Depriving Anyone of Anything just because they disagree with another.
Cheap Shots, you mean like your last post? :lol:

Describing SVG as an Anarchist or a Borderline one is not a cheap shot, just an accurate description.

An Anarchist is;
1: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power.
2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order.

Metalhead47

Describing SVG as an Anarchist or a Borderline one is not a cheap shot, just an accurate description.

An Anarchist is;
1: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power.
2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order.

How does that even REMOTELY describe svg? He certainly has never promoted violence, and he does not reject ANY authority, only that which is, in his view, illegitimate, or a usurpation or over extension of legitimate authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amzbrady

Amzbrady. Why? Why all the off topic b.s? It very much gets old. It very much undermines your credibility.

Almost everything can be related to open carry since everything in our daily lives also includes openly carrying a firearm. I get tired of when there might not be any direct news on open carry someone tries to enlighten us with some news that can still tie in and give us something to converse about. I can see where the OP can relate to "what could happen if this cop confronted you and you didnt comply to his commands?" what if in tom brewsters case he had an officer like this one instead of the ones that did confront him? In reality this has everything to do with open carry.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

An Anarchist is;

How does that even REMOTELY describe svg? He certainly has never promoted violence, and he does not reject ANY authority, only that which is, in his view, illegitimate, or a usurpation or over extension of legitimate authority.

This is a description of an Anarchist from a dictionary and when quoting I do not edit to suit my needs as some do.
Not necessarily every characteristic need to be met.
Personally I have never accused SVG of being violent but the rest fit rather well.

Do you really read what you write?
he does not reject ANY authority, only that which is, in his view, illegitimate, or a usurpation or over extension of legitimate authority.
Is that not the description of an Anarchist? Yes!

Metalhead47

This is a description of an Anarchist from a dictionary and when quoting I do not edit to suit my needs as some do.
Not necessarily every characteristic need to be met.
Personally I have never accused SVG of being violent but the rest fit rather well.

Do you really read what you write? Is that not the description of an Anarchist? Yes!

Do you?

No, that is not the description of an anarchist, an anarchist rejects ALL authority as illegitimate. Svg acknowledges that SOME authority IS legitimate, specifically that which is specifically authorized by the constitution. He has stated previously that government is a nescessary evil. If anything he's a minarchist.

OrangeIsTrouble

Almost everything can be related to open carry since everything in our daily lives also includes openly carrying a firearm. I get tired of when there might not be any direct news on open carry someone tries to enlighten us with some news that can still tie in and give us something to converse about. I can see where the OP can relate to "what could happen if this cop confronted you and you didnt comply to his commands?" what if in tom brewsters case he had an officer like this one instead of the ones that did confront him? In reality this has everything to do with open carry.

I agree. How can we respond and be prepared for any situation if we don't make up stuff and talk about it?

Plus I see amzbradys random threads as a way to lighten up the mood and get people posting and sharing thoughts.

Dave_pro2a

An Anarchist is;

You need an education.

Classical liberalism is not anarchy.

The COTUS is not an anarchistic document, it is based on the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism.

The Bill of Rights is not an anarchistic document, it is based on the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism.

The United States Declaration of Independence was revolutionary in nature, not anarchistic. It too was based on the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism.

SVG believes in the truths expressed in those documents afaik, and advocates shifting government back to following them. So that would make him a Classical Liberal. Now that's just my opinion based on reading a few of his posts.

But hey, never let the TRUTH get in the way of MUD SLINGING. Way to launch a personal character attack. :)

BTW, you do know that as rhetoric goes name calling is considered an intellectually dishonest debate tactic. http://www.johntreed.com/debate.html

It is in essence an ad hominem attack. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Oh Noze, those CrAzY Anarchists! Don't pay attention to a thing those loons say. Yeah, that's an adult debate tactic.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

...aaaaaaaand cue SVG with the "few bad apples" line! :p

In general, people hate having their nose shoved into unpleasant truth.

Some cops might protect you, but some cops might abuse or kill you. Some cops are honest, but some cops are lying, cheating, abusive, murdering drug dealing, stealing, rapists losers with badges. What's the ratio? No idea, but when you eventually realize that any cop could fall into either category then you're really a grown up. The childhood myths have fallen away.

I think that might be why SVG's "a few bad apples" line pisses off some people so much. Possibly.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

+1 ;)

Gotta love the old "Grrrrrrr you make me mad. You better shut up" routine.

sudden valley gunner

Make note to self people who get it ......

Thank you Jeff, and your willingness to publicly support my rights shows you as a true friend even when you disagree with me I can count on you to be my brother in liberty.

Again thank you Metal, we don't always see eye to eye but at least we can discuss it civilly. And you hit my nail right on the head.

I agree. How can we respond and be prepared for any situation if we don't make up stuff and talk about it?

Plus I see amzbradys random threads as a way to lighten up the mood and get people posting and sharing thoughts.

I just love this kid, as a young as he is in many ways he is so much wiser than many old farts.

You need an education.

The COTUS is not an anarchistic document, it is based on the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism.

The Bill of Rights is not an anarchistic document, it is based on the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism.

The United States Declaration of Independence was revolutionary in nature, not anarchistic. It too was based on the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism.

SVG believes in the truths expressed in those documents afaik, and advocates shifting government back to following them. So that would make him a Classical Liberal. Now that's just my opinion based on reading a few of his posts.

But hey, never let the TRUTH get in the way of MUD SLINGING. Way to launch a personal character attack. :)

BTW, you do know that as rhetoric goes name calling is considered an intellectually dishonest debate tactic. http://www.johntreed.com/debate.html

Oh Noze, those CrAzY Anarchists! Don't pay attention to a thing those loons say. Yeah, that's an adult debate tactic.

Exactly! Have we met yet? If you make your way to Bellingham coffee or beer is on me.

tombrewster421

SVG: I don't think I've ever disagreed with anything you've had to say. I didn't realize until last year that I would be considered a "libertarian".😜

sudden valley gunner

SVG: I don't think I've ever disagreed with anything you've had to say. I didn't realize until last year that I would be considered a "libertarian".

Thank you Tom. I didn't realize it either until a few years ago. Ajetpilot told me I was.....lol I am still in a state of denial because I just have a problem with party politics. Two groups of tyrannical control freaks vying for their brand of control has always disturbed me.

Jeff Hayes

Dave that was somewhat tongue in cheek mixed in with some truth at least from my perspective. I dont agree with you often, at times 100% other times a big minus, but I do support your right to say what you want just like I support SVGs right to say what he wants. Everyone of course gets to suffer the consequences of their actions including myself, you and SVG.

Jeff Hayes

Thank you Tom. I didn't realize it either until a few years ago. Ajetpilot told me I was.....lol I am still in a state of denial because I just have a problem with party politics. Two groups of tyrannical control freaks vying for their brand of control has always disturbed me.

A lot of folks are Libertarians but just dont put it together because they are so indoctrinated into the 2 party system. Ajetpilot is a very wise man IMHO.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Libertarians advocate "open borders."

Sorry, but a nations border is analogous to the property line of private property owned by an individual. It just happens to be an international border, and all of America owns it.

I have the right to safeguard my private property, build a fence, keep people out, require them to go through a check point, and largely dictate the conditions upon which they may visit or work on my private property.

As a country, we can do all the same stuff with our borders -- and imho that is a legitimate power of Federal government (dealing with international borders).

So personally I really can't be a libertarian -- due to their border and immigration platform. I do think they are right on more issues than any other political party though -- because they are the closest thing to a Classical Liberal party.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Some cops might protect you, but some cops might abuse or kill you. Some cops are honest, but some cops are lying, cheating, abusive, drug dealing, stealing, losers with badges. What's the ratio? No idea, but when you eventually realize that any cop could fall into either category then you're really a grown up. The childhood myths have fallen away.

I think that might be why SVG's "a few bad apples" line pisses off some people so much. Possibly.

+1

Metalhead47

Libertarians advocate "open borders."

Sorry, but a nations border is analogous to the property line of private property owned by an individual. It just happens to be an international border, and all of America owns it.

I have the right to safeguard my private property, build a fence, keep people out, require them t go through a check point, and largely dictate the conditions upon which they may visit or work on my private property.

As a country, we can do all the same stuff with our borders -- and imho that is a legitimate power of Federal government (dealing with international borders).

So personally I really can't be a libertarian -- due to their border and immigration platform. I do think they are right on more issues than any other political party though -- because they are the closest to being a Classical Liberal party.

Few thinking people agree with any party platform 100%. To say "libertarians believe this..." overgeneralizes it I think. It's like says "democrats want to ban guns" (not all do, some open 2A advocates). A party system is inevitable, you just have to go along with the party that most closely reflects your own personal values. It will not be 100% agreement. Then stay in close contact with your elected representatives and remind them of what your conflicting values are.

I'd be careful with the "classical liberal" line too. Like it or not, that word has been usurped and perverted, and most people won't understand what you mean when you use it. Like, if you go around telling people you're gay, they're not going to think "happy"... ;)

Some cops might protect you, but some cops might abuse or kill you. Some cops are honest, but some cops are lying, cheating, abusive, drug dealing, stealing, losers with badges. What's the ratio? No idea, but when you eventually realize that any cop could fall into either category then you're really a grown up. The childhood myths have fallen away.

That line IS starting to get annoying actually... don't make it any less true. I don't see how anyone could spend any amount of time on this forum and not come to regard LE with at least a healthy amount of suspicion.

You need an education.

You go boy. :p

Just like most people, regardless of party affiliation, don't realize they are ideologically socially conservative. If the libertarians ever gained any significant political power, they'd be just as tyrannical as any of the others. That's just the nature of politics & power. That's why the founders gave us a constitution to at least TRY and control the controllers...