• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something to hand out to friendly businesses?

GlockRDH

Anyone have thoughts on a card or soemthing we could take with us in to businesses that DONT post? Was thinking that today at lunch while in Madistan. The on place i wanted to eat at (Parthenon) was posted...so i went next door and had Asian...had permission, but would also like to maybe hand them a card with the WCI logo or something THANKING them for respecting our rights and such.... ideas?

xenophon

twenty-20-dollar-bill.jpg

Trip20

I think I'll just silently support them with my hard earned duckets. I have mixed feelings on this. Part of me feels the same as you (wanting to thank and show support). The flip side doesn't want to draw their attention to something they may not have otherwise contemplated, prompting them to post. After all, inaction doesn't necessarily equate to support. It could simply indicate neutrality through ignorance.

Last edited:

skorittnig

I think I'll just silently support them with my hard earned duckets. I have mixed feelings on this. Part of me feels the same as you (wanting to thank and show support). The flip side doesn't want to draw their attention to something they may not have otherwise contemplated, prompting them to post. After all, inaction doesn't necessarily equate to support. It could simply indicate neutrality through ignorance.

Are you saying that ignorance is bliss for the lawful consumer? I would rather let them know that the money they are receiving from me is (in part) due to the fact that they respect my constitutional rights. I would also remind them that I will be avoiding their competitor next door for similar reasons. You don't have to make a huge deal about it, simply create an awareness.

Captain Nemo

Nothing makes one smile faster than a heart felt thank you. As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with thanking someone for respecting the constitutional rights of others.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I'm in agreement with both sides on this one. I would like to let the business know that I am supporting them because they chose to support me, however I can see the downside of bring attention to the fact that they are not posting.

With my luck, I would bring attention to the fact that someone stole the "NO" sign, and they'd point the finger at me. :lol:

Not sure if a tri-fold would be the way to go. Maybe a business card? Easier to carry, and they can be printed at home. Avery have business card stock readily available at most large office supply stores, and it's pretty inexpensive.

As for use of the logo - Nik, Auric, or Hubert would be the route to go. Here's the contact info for them

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html#

Trip20

Are you saying that ignorance is bliss for the lawful consumer?

No. I think I'm saying that the absence of a no weapons sign does not indicate a conscious decision by the owner to respect our right. Thanking them may put them in a position to now make that decision. We may not like their choice.

I'm not going to hand out cards. Send email. Send letters. Or accost every manager I see at a non-posted establishment. I'm just going to spend my money where it counts.

Where I will send a note of gratitude is towards establishments that specifically post they welcome their law abiding firearm carrying customers.

Just my take, ya'll do whatcha want of course.