• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Pleasant Surprise! OC Gun Suggestions?

carsontech

Activist Member
Thanks, I always wondered about this kind of stuff. I am planning on getting into the full auto fun once I start making some bank, lol. Or, hopefully, the ATF will be disbanded soon and all the stupid NFA and GCA crap will be gone along with it.

Just a suggestion, can you start creating paragraphs, my head is hurting from the wall of text.

ahughesart

If I were going to buy a used gun, how would I confirm that it hadn't been stolen???
Also, thanks for the link Manzanita! Very useful :)

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I know it's not helping stay on topic but... While at knob creek, I noticed a M1919 .30Cal cloth-belt fed semi-auto MG. And also a B.A.R. also Semi-auto. Though the firing rate on auto for a BAR is a tab bit quicker than single semi auto pulls of a trigger. If someone was to buy either of them, and wanted to legally make them fully auto; would that person need the regular tax stamp you mentioned? or would the person require an arse load more of paperwork?

Also, would it have to be the County Sheriff? Could it be the regional KSP commander? I'm not exactly on good terms with the sheriff since I broke up with his son...sooo..... And also, I paid a public intoxication fine off a couple months back, first fine I've ever gotten, with no other charges or fines on record. Would that prevent or hinder a Form 4/Tax Stamp validation?

Thankies~ <3

09jisaac

I wrote that in response to a statement about the stamp, only. Here it is:

Yes, any supressor, or a gun capable of firing multiple times with just one pull of the trigger or any destructive device (grenades, grenade launcher, field artillery, flame thrower) you need a tax stamp.

Damn fellows, I'm giving you years of knowledge in pages of typing and you want to knit pick at something I didn't even say. WTF? To cover every possible combination of every possible weapon in every possible combination of transfers I'd have to type for a week. That is what the BATF website is for. Go there and read what it says. That's what I did.

No, you took my response to what you type all wrong. I wasn't saying you were wrong in what you were saying. I was saying you took what I said out of context.

When I was talking about the supressor, the machine gun and the launcher I was referring to the $200 transfer tax. He was asking if it took the $200 to transfer a 40mm launcher. So my reply "yes, any suppressor, or a gun capable of firing...."

flb_78

I own a registered, fully automatic Colt AR15 manufactured in 1971. I have several different length barrels, from 7.5 in. to 16 in. that I swap out simply by changing the upper. It took months to get it to fire reliably with all of them. Just changing the barrel length can cause problems because you are also changing the length of the gas tube that runs along the top of the barrel. This changes the volume of gas to cycle the action and the weight of the bolt and buffer must be adjusted to compensate for this. To get them to work with several different barrel lengths is a real job and sometimes requires a competent gunsmith.

I wanna play!!!

neuroblades

An Alternative Idea: Slide Stock

For those wanting the feel and excitement of full-auto fire on their AR's but NOT able to dish out thousands of hard earned dollars for one, look into the Slide Fire Stock!

Here's the demo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WhhKH3QVU&list=FLb3qkGalLAeUxL6KRWEBRYg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Here's the company:
http://militarygunsupply.com/index....ath=57&zenid=c2de3c1a26a695c83bdd5dd3eb6f1caf

This is a legal alternative to paying out thousands of dollars for a true full-auto because it's NOT a mechanical modification as in conversion to the rifle, it operates on the principle of "bump fire" with the ability to control aiming at the same time. It allows for either a full-auto style of fire or a standard single shot. According to the information, it is BATFE approved and even comes with a legal statement from BATFE.

I'm never personally had the chance to fire an AR with this installed so I can't speak for how well it actually works but just thought I'd toss this information into the thread for discussion.