• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nobody talks, everybody walks

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A quick clip from the Man with a gun meeting with Hanover.

Trip Chalkley, the Commonwealths Attorney in Hanover, was at the meeting. Trip is unusual...his wife was and may still be, a teacher there. A very good one. Trip was an assistant CA in Hanover and a very good one. Later he was a defense Attorney...a very good one. I served on a jury once that Trip was the Defense Attorney and my mind was made up before the trial really started.

During a casual conversation once I asked him how a parent could explain to their children that the police weren't bad people, but never to talk to the sons of bitches:uhoh:

He said "Just tell them that your lawyer said they should always let him talk for them".

I was amazed that he hasn't lost that honesty as the Full Blown Commonwealths Attorney.
I haven't corrected the color balance in this clip or synced the primary audio, so no critics. Just thought you might like to see this.

[video=vimeo;31535976]http://vimeo.com/31535976[/video]