Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB69 and stand your ground

AB69 and stand your ground

No amendments will be offered today on AB69 when the senate takes it up, as doing so would require that the bill go back to the assembly. And since this is the last day of session, that means the bill would then be delayed until the next session in January 2012. That said I briefly chatted with Senator Grothman about it, and it sounds like a new bill to add that language would certainly be a possibility.

New bill? When? These clowns have proven themselves EVERYTIME to be competent and reliable HALF OF THE TIME.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post
    New bill? When? These clowns have proven themselves EVERYTIME to be competent and reliable HALF OF THE TIME.
    When they get back into session... Seriously calm down. I have no idea why you're raging. That attitude doesn't help anyone or anything. Just because they don't do something exactly your way doesn't mean they are incompetent clowns.

Raging? I think not. I just don't understand the tolerance that the public extends to their elected "servants of the people" (lol). If I performed my job the way these people do, people would be harmed, I would be sued and unemployed.

I refuse to lower my standards for the sake of political correctness.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post
    Raging? I think not. I just don't understand the tolerance that the public extends to their elected "servants of the people" (lol). If I performed my job the way these people do, people would be harmed, I would be sued and unemployed.

I refuse to lower my standards for the sake of political correctness.
    Once again just because they don't do what YOU WANT and WHEN YOU WANT IT, doesn't mean they are somehow incompetent clowns. They are not your personal slave.

You are missing the point. It is not about doing what I (personally) want, but doing things the correct way the first time- and not leaving loose ends to be tied up at a later date.

Please do not refer to them as my slave, or attempt to mischaracterize me as you have in your last post.
    skorittnig

Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Once again just because they don't do what YOU WANT and WHEN YOU WANT IT, doesn't mean they are somehow incompetent clowns. They are not your personal slave.
    Uh, yes they are.

They are our elected employees. They represent what WE want. Not what THEY want. That is their one and only job.

And no one has any ideas why we are currently eating this **** sandwich. Jesus people. You need to wake up.

Political office is a privilege. Not a career opportunity.

...of the people, by the people, for the people...
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 11-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Yea I give up. You simply can't please some people on this forum no matter what. I have my senator's ear on this issue (more response than anyone else has gotten so far about stand your ground it seems), and instead all I get is comments from the peanut gallery because they didn't get their way now now now.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Uh, yes they are.

They are our elected employees. They represent what WE want. Not what THEY want. That is their one and only job.

And no one has any ideas why we are currently eating this **** sandwich. Jesus people. You need to wake up.

Political office is a privilege. Not a career opportunity.

...of the people, by the people, for the people...
    Yes, and you also assume that everyone else who talks to them wants what you want? That's rather naive. They have to make their decisions after weighing ALL opinions. And because they can't give everyone everything they want, some people are going to not get what they want. Stop acting like doing that makes them incompetent clowns. This is the real world. You want always get what YOU WANT.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-03-2011 at 12:43 PM.

So let me get this straight. You have your Republican majority. You have your Republican Gov. You have your Republican AG.

You have your voting majority....

So. What exactly was your point again?

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

[QUOTE=bmwguy11;1641141]Yea I give up. You simply can't please some people on this forum no matter what. I have my senator's ear on this issue (more response than anyone else has gotten so far about stand your ground it seems), and instead all I get is comments from the peanut gallery because they didn't get their way now now now.[/QUOTE

Actually, I while back, had a telephone conversation with my Rep. Samantha Kerkman regarding the law that gave LEO the authority to arrest for just about anything. During that conversation I also brought up AB69 and "Stand Your Ground". I had aready E-mailed her a copy of Florida's SYG law and she was aware of what I was talking about. Even back then she had said that she did not think a "Stand Your Ground" ammendment would be added to AB69... Something about getting AB69 on the books first and then going for SYG later in it's own bill... Something about baby steps. She also seemed open to a seperate SYG bill as well as a true Constitutional Carry bill in the future. I know this has nothing to do with the Senate vote today, but no SYG added to AB69 is not that much of a suprise and there are thers in here that also have gotten responces from their efforts. bmwguy, I know that is not what you were trying to imply but I just wanted some to know about the SYG amendment thing....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Actually, I while back, had a telephone conversation with my Rep. Samantha Kerkman regarding the law that gave LEO the authority to arrest for just about anything. During that conversation I also brought up AB69 and "Stand Your Ground". I had aready E-mailed her a copy of Florida's SYG law and she was aware of what I was talking about. Even back then she had said that she did not think a "Stand Your Ground" ammendment would be added to AB69... Something about getting AB69 on the books first and then going for SYG later in it's own bill... Something about baby steps. She also seemed open to a seperate SYG bill as well as a true Constitutional Carry bill in the future. I know this has nothing to do with the Senate vote today, but no SYG added to AB69 is not that much of a suprise and there are thers in here that also have gotten responces from their efforts. bmwguy, I know that is not what you were trying to imply but I just wanted some to know about the SYG amendment thing....

Outdoorsman1
    Thank you for the info and pleasant reply.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Well, if I was elected I'd do what I want, which is what you want, if you voted for me. Hows that?

The problem is that most of our elected officials only concentrate on getting elected so they want whatever you say you want instead of sticking to principles.

I only want to vote for politicians that are in line with my principles and stick with them.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

That debate started in the Senate at 12:53 and right out of the gate and Democratice ammendment was passed.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    That debate started in the Senate at 12:53 and right out of the gate and Democratice ammendment was passed.
    What was the amendment and which republicans voted for it?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Sen. Fitz moved to reconsider that ammendment and they are taking a roll call on the motion. The ammmendment is being reconsidered now. SA1 to AB69 changes peace officer to public safety worker.

Yea I'm watching on wiseye.com right now. I don't think if they pass this amendment that it will make it to assembly in time for this session.

Ok so now they are discussing moving it to the end of the day.

some democrat is saying that now it should go back to committee.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-03-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Bill and the adopted amendment has been moved to the end of the calendar... Which I think means later today yet?
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-03-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Bill and the adopted amendment has been moved to the end of the calendar... Which I think means later today yet?
    Thanks for keeping me up to date on this. I can only hope that we see "stand your ground" added to it.

Thick skin helps on this forum.

Ok so they are talking to the bill's author in the assembly, and they are going to talk about rejection of the amendment that was adopted.

So much for a 30 minute recess. Been almost 60 minutes. Wish I got those kind of breaks.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

No doubt this is along..stand around and BS break... yawnnnnnnn
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

looks like they are getting ready to do some work...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast