• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB69 and stand your ground

bmwguy11

No amendments will be offered today on AB69 when the senate takes it up, as doing so would require that the bill go back to the assembly. And since this is the last day of session, that means the bill would then be delayed until the next session in January 2012. That said I briefly chatted with Senator Grothman about it, and it sounds like a new bill to add that language would certainly be a possibility.

skorittnig

New bill? When? These clowns have proven themselves EVERYTIME to be competent and reliable HALF OF THE TIME.

bmwguy11

New bill? When? These clowns have proven themselves EVERYTIME to be competent and reliable HALF OF THE TIME.

When they get back into session... Seriously calm down. I have no idea why you're raging. That attitude doesn't help anyone or anything. Just because they don't do something exactly your way doesn't mean they are incompetent clowns.

skorittnig

Raging? I think not. I just don't understand the tolerance that the public extends to their elected "servants of the people" (lol). If I performed my job the way these people do, people would be harmed, I would be sued and unemployed.

I refuse to lower my standards for the sake of political correctness.

bmwguy11

Raging? I think not. I just don't understand the tolerance that the public extends to their elected "servants of the people" (lol). If I performed my job the way these people do, people would be harmed, I would be sued and unemployed.

I refuse to lower my standards for the sake of political correctness.

Once again just because they don't do what YOU WANT and WHEN YOU WANT IT, doesn't mean they are somehow incompetent clowns. They are not your personal slave.

skorittnig

You are missing the point. It is not about doing what I (personally) want, but doing things the correct way the first time- and not leaving loose ends to be tied up at a later date.

Please do not refer to them as my slave, or attempt to mischaracterize me as you have in your last post.

HandyHamlet

Once again just because they don't do what YOU WANT and WHEN YOU WANT IT, doesn't mean they are somehow incompetent clowns. They are not your personal slave.

Uh, yes they are.

They are our elected employees. They represent what WE want. Not what THEY want. That is their one and only job.

And no one has any ideas why we are currently eating this **** sandwich. Jesus people. You need to wake up.

Political office is a privilege. Not a career opportunity.

:banghead:

...of the people, by the people, for the people...

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Yea I give up. You simply can't please some people on this forum no matter what. I have my senator's ear on this issue (more response than anyone else has gotten so far about stand your ground it seems), and instead all I get is comments from the peanut gallery because they didn't get their way now now now.

bmwguy11

Uh, yes they are.

They are our elected employees. They represent what WE want. Not what THEY want. That is their one and only job.

And no one has any ideas why we are currently eating this **** sandwich. Jesus people. You need to wake up.

Political office is a privilege. Not a career opportunity.

:banghead:

...of the people, by the people, for the people...
Yes, and you also assume that everyone else who talks to them wants what you want? That's rather naive. They have to make their decisions after weighing ALL opinions. And because they can't give everyone everything they want, some people are going to not get what they want. Stop acting like doing that makes them incompetent clowns. This is the real world. You want always get what YOU WANT.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Yea I give up. You simply can't please some people on this forum no matter what. I have my senator's ear on this issue (more response than anyone else has gotten so far about stand your ground it seems), and instead all I get is comments from the peanut gallery because they didn't get their way now now now.[/QUOTE

Actually, I while back, had a telephone conversation with my Rep. Samantha Kerkman regarding the law that gave LEO the authority to arrest for just about anything. During that conversation I also brought up AB69 and "Stand Your Ground". I had aready E-mailed her a copy of Florida's SYG law and she was aware of what I was talking about. Even back then she had said that she did not think a "Stand Your Ground" ammendment would be added to AB69... Something about getting AB69 on the books first and then going for SYG later in it's own bill... Something about baby steps. She also seemed open to a seperate SYG bill as well as a true Constitutional Carry bill in the future. I know this has nothing to do with the Senate vote today, but no SYG added to AB69 is not that much of a suprise and there are thers in here that also have gotten responces from their efforts. bmwguy, I know that is not what you were trying to imply but I just wanted some to know about the SYG amendment thing....

Outdoorsman1

bmwguy11

Actually, I while back, had a telephone conversation with my Rep. Samantha Kerkman regarding the law that gave LEO the authority to arrest for just about anything. During that conversation I also brought up AB69 and "Stand Your Ground". I had aready E-mailed her a copy of Florida's SYG law and she was aware of what I was talking about. Even back then she had said that she did not think a "Stand Your Ground" ammendment would be added to AB69... Something about getting AB69 on the books first and then going for SYG later in it's own bill... Something about baby steps. She also seemed open to a seperate SYG bill as well as a true Constitutional Carry bill in the future. I know this has nothing to do with the Senate vote today, but no SYG added to AB69 is not that much of a suprise and there are thers in here that also have gotten responces from their efforts. bmwguy, I know that is not what you were trying to imply but I just wanted some to know about the SYG amendment thing....

Outdoorsman1
Thank you for the info and pleasant reply. :)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Well, if I was elected I'd do what I want, which is what you want, if you voted for me. Hows that?

The problem is that most of our elected officials only concentrate on getting elected so they want whatever you say you want instead of sticking to principles.

I only want to vote for politicians that are in line with my principles and stick with them.

BROKENSPROKET

Sen. Fitz moved to reconsider that ammendment and they are taking a roll call on the motion. The ammmendment is being reconsidered now. SA1 to AB69 changes peace officer to public safety worker.

bmwguy11

Yea I'm watching on wiseye.com right now. I don't think if they pass this amendment that it will make it to assembly in time for this session.

bmwguy11

Ok so now they are discussing moving it to the end of the day.

some democrat is saying that now it should go back to committee.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Bill and the adopted amendment has been moved to the end of the calendar... Which I think means later today yet?

Last edited: