Thread: how nice of the kenosha PD!

how nice of the kenosha PD!

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,7477120.story

They are handing out "no guns allowed" signs for free! How nice of them!

I already refuse to shop in any Kenosha county shop for other reasons. If I could get to Chicago with out going through that he11 hole I would.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Herr Heckler Koch

Tanstaafl

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    They are handing out "no guns allowed" signs for free! How nice of them!
    Popularized by Robert Heinlein in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, 'there ain't no such thing as a free lunch' means that there's nothing free, especially when there's a taxpayer's pocket to pick.

An armed society is a polite society.

McX
    it is interesting how quickly the police will line up to oppose your rights, and try to influence others to do so as well.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Will be posting this in the comments.

From the article: "Just don`t need it to turn into the O.K. Corral at my gas station one night, so I just feel better to be safe and put the 'no gun' sign in here," Perrine said.

AND HOW DOES A SIGN PREVENT THAT? Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people. Feeling safe because you posted a sign is a delusion.

Also are tax dollars paying for the signs? If so I see a conflict of interest here. The sheriff is elected to uphold the laws of the state, not use tax dollars to further his/her personal bias.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Thumbs down They are handing out "no guns allowed" signs for free! How nice of them!

I don't think that is legal for them to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff niles View Post
    I don't think that is legal for them to do that?
    Exactly my thought, didn't the Milton PD get in trouble for that a while ago? At the very least these officers are being paid by the taxpayer while they're handing these things out, even if it's a simple "They're over there on that rack" or "Go ahead, they're on the counter" when the sheeple stop to pick 'em up.

Odds are they're made on paper provided by the taxpayer on equipment paid for by the taxpayer in a building provided by the taxpayer by someone who's wages are being paid by the taxpayer....hmm...I'm noticing a trend here.
    Last edited by Wolf1477; 11-03-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Took me a few minutes to get "registered"... Here's my comment... (under Outdoorsman54).

"The article states the owner talked to his lawyer about this decision. I wonder if it was discussed that it is actually written into the law (Act 35) that any business that posts no firearms allowed can be held liable for anyone injured because their right to self protection was denied them. Conversely, if there is no posting (sign) then the business cannot be held liable. I think this was the reasoning behind the city of Kenosha deciding not to post the signs…

Also, how can anyone with even an ounce of common sense really believe that a sign is going to prevent a criminal from carrying a firearm (and using it)? Again, conversely a honest, trained, legally carrying person would absolutely be of no concern and might even be an asset to deter crime (as in if the criminal knows that a place of business allows firearms then he might decide to look elsewhere… all he would have to do is follow the signs…"
    Outdoorsman1
    aka Outdoorsman54
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    I already refuse to shop in any Kenosha county shop for other reasons. If I could get to Chicago with out going through that he11 hole I would.
    Wait wait wait, you hate Kenosha county but willingly enter Chicago? That doesn't make much sense to my brain.

Jeff, dont you know that the law does not apply to the law enforcers?

Some good points...

...of interest. The tax payers are most likely paying, and when, or if something were to happen, God forbid, it will be tax payers to the rescue. If this is legal, the police will have full liability. lets call the town hall. boar out. Calling City Attorney as tax payer, asking why police are causing a liability issue to people who post! (262-653-4170) Made call, the one to talk to was on other line. Has been 1/2 hour, nothing. Further, printed sign on line, at bottom, KENOSHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE.
    Last edited by wild boar; 11-03-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Wait wait wait, you hate Kenosha county but willingly enter Chicago? That doesn't make much sense to my brain.
    No, not willingly. Only when forced to by work

McX
    i wonder if the police will share in the legal liability the store owner will be exposed to if an incident happens in the building(?), posted no guns.

Here is a link to the sign on the Sheriff's website:

http://www.co.kenosha.wi.us/sheriff/...eaponssign.pdf

The only silver lining here is at least its a good sign for us to notice, if printed out in a full sheet of paper.

I'd rather have that then the bare minimum that I might miss.

Of course i'm against them playing politics with tax payer money.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

someone in Kenosha call the PD and ask if you can get THE other sign (Guns welcome)...

Signs signs ... everywhere theres signs....

Quote Originally Posted by McNutty View Post
    Here is a link to the sign on the Sheriff's website:

http://www.co.kenosha.wi.us/sheriff/...eaponssign.pdf
    That is one big A _ _ SIGH HAHAHA!

Well the criminals will not be able to miss that. they can drive by.. see that sign then plan the event. I can also drive in and see the sign then pull out. will not even have to stop or restart the car LMAO!
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Should offer substitute signs that include "THIS INCLUDES OFF-DUTY POLICE OFFICERS AND ON-DUTY POLICE OFFICERS WHOSE PRESENCE IS NOT PART OF THEIR OFFICIAL DUTIES". Note the wording Kenosha uses would provide exemption for "others" authorized by law, like police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    I can also drive in and see the sign then pull out. will not even have to stop or restart the car LMAO!
    Yep if your gonna post, post big! I usually drive by new places I was thinking about stopping at to look and see if I spot a sign before I park.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Never herd a...

...word from the city attorney. Wondering if the county sheriff is connected to that office. boar out.

I Wouldn't Make a Big Deal about the Liability Issue

It is not a situation where a store owner who allows concealed carry is completely immunized. Nor does the store owner who bans carry automatically become liable in case of an "incident." If nothing else there will have to be a demonstration of how the decision led (or didn't lead/contribute) to the outcome. Once again reading the words does not tell the whole story. I remember how I was harshly criticized when I suggested that DoJ would be able to formulate rules regarding acceptable training. "No Way!" came the cry. "That's not in the law, you idiot!" (so I was told). How did that work out?

It worked out this way.

The Gov, Pam, and the NRA said the same thing. No way! You guys at the DOJ overstepped your bounds. So as it stands now we have more people on our side.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I'm just thinking that the city lawyer...

...may be doing some back peddling. It has yet to be tested, and new law is a long, tough, and expensive prospect. Thought if they wanted to play I'd join in. boar out.

A majority perhaps but

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    It worked out this way.

The Gov, Pam, and the NRA said the same thing. No way! You guys at the DOJ overstepped your bounds. So as it stands now we have more people on our side.

All dancing to the DoJ tune (if they want a permit). Just be prepared to bend over and grab the ankles again.
    Last edited by apjonas; 11-03-2011 at 06:54 PM.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie