• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how nice of the kenosha PD!

bigdaddy1

I already refuse to shop in any Kenosha county shop for other reasons. If I could get to Chicago with out going through that he11 hole I would.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Tanstaafl

They are handing out "no guns allowed" signs for free! How nice of them!
Popularized by Robert Heinlein in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, 'there ain't no such thing as a free lunch' means that there's nothing free, especially when there's a taxpayer's pocket to pick.

An armed society is a polite society.

M

McX

it is interesting how quickly the police will line up to oppose your rights, and try to influence others to do so as well.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Will be posting this in the comments.

From the article: "Just don`t need it to turn into the O.K. Corral at my gas station one night, so I just feel better to be safe and put the 'no gun' sign in here," Perrine said.

AND HOW DOES A SIGN PREVENT THAT? Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people. Feeling safe because you posted a sign is a delusion.

Also are tax dollars paying for the signs? If so I see a conflict of interest here. The sheriff is elected to uphold the laws of the state, not use tax dollars to further his/her personal bias.

jeff niles

They are handing out "no guns allowed" signs for free! How nice of them!

I don't think that is legal for them to do that?

Wolf1477

I don't think that is legal for them to do that?

Exactly my thought, didn't the Milton PD get in trouble for that a while ago? At the very least these officers are being paid by the taxpayer while they're handing these things out, even if it's a simple "They're over there on that rack" or "Go ahead, they're on the counter" when the sheeple stop to pick 'em up.

Odds are they're made on paper provided by the taxpayer on equipment paid for by the taxpayer in a building provided by the taxpayer by someone who's wages are being paid by the taxpayer....hmm...I'm noticing a trend here.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Took me a few minutes to get "registered"... Here's my comment... (under Outdoorsman54).

"The article states the owner talked to his lawyer about this decision. I wonder if it was discussed that it is actually written into the law (Act 35) that any business that posts no firearms allowed can be held liable for anyone injured because their right to self protection was denied them. Conversely, if there is no posting (sign) then the business cannot be held liable. I think this was the reasoning behind the city of Kenosha deciding not to post the signs…

Also, how can anyone with even an ounce of common sense really believe that a sign is going to prevent a criminal from carrying a firearm (and using it)? Again, conversely a honest, trained, legally carrying person would absolutely be of no concern and might even be an asset to deter crime (as in if the criminal knows that a place of business allows firearms then he might decide to look elsewhere… all he would have to do is follow the signs…"
Outdoorsman1
aka Outdoorsman54

TyGuy

I already refuse to shop in any Kenosha county shop for other reasons. If I could get to Chicago with out going through that he11 hole I would.

Wait wait wait, you hate Kenosha county but willingly enter Chicago? That doesn't make much sense to my brain.

wild boar

Some good points...

...of interest. The tax payers are most likely paying, and when, or if something were to happen, God forbid, it will be tax payers to the rescue. If this is legal, the police will have full liability. lets call the town hall. boar out. Calling City Attorney as tax payer, asking why police are causing a liability issue to people who post! (262-653-4170) Made call, the one to talk to was on other line. Has been 1/2 hour, nothing. Further, printed sign on line, at bottom, KENOSHA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE.

Last edited:
M

McX

i wonder if the police will share in the legal liability the store owner will be exposed to if an incident happens in the building(?), posted no guns.

Jason in WI

The only silver lining here is at least its a good sign for us to notice, if printed out in a full sheet of paper.

I'd rather have that then the bare minimum that I might miss.

Of course i'm against them playing politics with tax payer money.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Packfanatic

lockman

State Researcher
Should offer substitute signs that include "THIS INCLUDES OFF-DUTY POLICE OFFICERS AND ON-DUTY POLICE OFFICERS WHOSE PRESENCE IS NOT PART OF THEIR OFFICIAL DUTIES". Note the wording Kenosha uses would provide exemption for "others" authorized by law, like police officers.

Jason in WI

I can also drive in and see the sign then pull out. will not even have to stop or restart the car LMAO!

Yep if your gonna post, post big! I usually drive by new places I was thinking about stopping at to look and see if I spot a sign before I park.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

wild boar

Never herd a...

...word from the city attorney. Wondering if the county sheriff is connected to that office. boar out.