• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how nice of the kenosha PD!

apjonas

I Wouldn't Make a Big Deal about the Liability Issue

It is not a situation where a store owner who allows concealed carry is completely immunized. Nor does the store owner who bans carry automatically become liable in case of an "incident." If nothing else there will have to be a demonstration of how the decision led (or didn't lead/contribute) to the outcome. Once again reading the words does not tell the whole story. I remember how I was harshly criticized when I suggested that DoJ would be able to formulate rules regarding acceptable training. "No Way!" came the cry. "That's not in the law, you idiot!" (so I was told). How did that work out?

HandyHamlet

It worked out this way.

The Gov, Pam, and the NRA said the same thing. No way! You guys at the DOJ overstepped your bounds. So as it stands now we have more people on our side.

:p

wild boar

I'm just thinking that the city lawyer...

...may be doing some back peddling. It has yet to be tested, and new law is a long, tough, and expensive prospect. Thought if they wanted to play I'd join in. boar out. :D

apjonas

A majority perhaps but

It worked out this way.

The Gov, Pam, and the NRA said the same thing. No way! You guys at the DOJ overstepped your bounds. So as it stands now we have more people on our side.

:p

All dancing to the DoJ tune (if they want a permit). Just be prepared to bend over and grab the ankles again.

Last edited: