• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got Made today after 10 years of carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
---snip---

I don't know why YOU as a moderator find it necessary to dog me and to remind members whether I OC or not. I can still have an OPINION and I try to make erudite and cogent comments. If you find I do not, then ask me to leave OCDO and I will comply.

AND, it seems that not everyone disagrees with me.

...and

Public dissemination of the contents of PMs is generally considered as bad manners even when you originated the PM.

I am not engaged in a popularity contest and will address those issues as warranted.

Docgmt

OC in a restaurant

Just before concealed carry in a restaurant became legal my wife made me take her shopping then to dinner. As I walked in I saw that they served alcohol and did the Virginia tuck. Yes I should have been paying better attention but the woman behind me ( That I did not see ) gasped and said oh my a gun. Thinking fast I said Yes Ma'am the governor wants us to keep our guns out in the open while in restaurants, I guess he thinks it will scare the bad guys away. She said well I am glad your here. ( Gov. Kane had vetoed rest. Carry and now wants to be our Senator. )

JamesB

Public dissemination of the contents of PMs is generally considered as bad manners even when you originated the PM.

I am not engaged in a popularity contest and will address those issues as warranted.

I gotta stick up for Badger here. The referenced material came from posts 4, 8, and 15 not from PMs.
And to the original statement made: I'm not always in a great mood, and some of the things I say in real life are rude and snarky. Usually talking about guns makes me smile, but not always. Without the 'introduction' from the stranger, he could be an undercover cop for all I know. I still hate talking to them, and I've found that every time i try to tell them what the law actually says, I end up with taking time off to go to court.

To the topic; ten years of carrying and finally got made. I think that may be in the running for a record. I know those first couple of years carrying I was found out all time. (Hell, one of those occasions even made it on to the news.) It took me a lot of practice to do it right. congrats.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
...snip....

I don't know why YOU as a moderator find it necessary to dog me and to remind members whether I OC or not. I can still have an OPINION and I try to make erudite and cogent comments. If you find I do not, then ask me to leave OCDO and I will comply.

AND, it seems that not everyone disagrees with me.

...and

I gotta stick up for Badger here. The referenced material came from posts 4, 8, and 15 not from PMs.

The information to which I referred was 100% from PMs and should have remained private - that is what is meant by PM = private message. It is unfortunate that some feel singled out when they run afoul of moderation.

All American Nightmare

Well I was at Chipotle in Fairfax Corner for lunch. I had exposed my magazine because, well everybody always thinks its sometype of electronic device. After about 20 minutes of sitting at the table the gentleman behind me said "Excuse me sir is that an Clip for a gun" I Politily responded, why no its not, its a "Magazine". He then said, "Whats a Magazine?" My smart ass said, "A magazine is a device that feeds my gun." He had one of those priceless whiskey tango foxtrot looks on his face. I went back to eating my lunch, no swat team showed up, no black helicoptors, do not even know if he called the police. After about 45 minutes got up and walked out. All is well.

Where you in a bad mood? Did he come off as a tool? Sounds like a non event to me. I agree with Curtis on this why be a tool if there was no need?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Where you in a bad mood? Did he come off as a tool? Were you OC or CC? Sounds like a non event to me. I agree with Curtis on this why be a tool if there was no need?

Geese....Stay in the woods a few days and come back to Civilization (The Coons were less argumentative):lol:

He was CC'ing Nightmare! That's why I made my initial comments.
Badger, considering you're track record you have a lot of nerve jumping on Grapeshot and more nerve using PM's and even more since you DON'T OC, just advise others about what they're doing wrong.

Blk97F150

..... I've been assaulted, threatened, falsely accused of things and generally as a law-abiding citizen had several uncalled for encounters with LEOs.

Just curious... did you file complaints, FOIA's, lawsuits, or take any other actions against the officer(s) and their department(s) regarding each of these "uncalled for encounters" that you have experienced? If so, what was the result?

CHILINVLN

I've been assaulted, threatened, falsely accused of things and generally as a law-abiding citizen had several uncalled for encounters with LEOs.

This sentence intrigues me. Why have you attracted so much negativity for these types of things to happen and I have never experienced any of those? Also, what exactly does "generally as a law-abiding citizen" mean, are you saying that the times you were not law-abiding, you're not including in your analysis or that it was warranted for some reason?

Just curious.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just curious... did you file complaints, FOIA's, lawsuits, or take any other actions against the officer(s) and their department(s) regarding each of these "uncalled for encounters" that you have experienced? If so, what was the result?

Maybe Badger can correct his situation as I understand it.

1.You're a Karate Man, dedicated to the art of self defense.

2.You're a retired Pathologist.

3.You're an avid bicycle rider.

4.You were severely injured rescuing someone from a high fall. This is where it starts getting confusing. Was this a patient that was falling off of the examining table?

5.You now have to walk with only a cane despite your claim that the slightest fall will paralyze you for life?

6.You're still very physically fit...despite the fact that the slightest fall will paralyze you for life?

7.Even as a respected retired Medical Doctor, the police routinely "Take you to the pavement"?:eek:

8.If you're taken to the pavement again, you'll be paralyzed for life but falling off of your bike has no effect?:eek::eek:

9.You don't OC because that will increase the frequency of the police "Taking you to the pavement", which will paralyze you for life.

10.You frequent an OC Board even though you don't OC because that will increase the frequency of the police "Taking you to the pavement" which will paralyze you for life????

Badger, is this the pavement you are frequently taken down on?

oz2_2.jpg

Badger Johnson

The information to which I referred was 100% from PMs and should have remained private - that is what is meant by PM = private message. It is unfortunate that some feel singled out when they run afoul of moderation.

"...dog me and remind members". *(emphasis added)

HOW, Sir, do you remind members about my OC-ing or not in a PM? You don't. That comment is from the message right out in the open.

Reminding me or scolding me about my personal beliefs is NOT moderation. I have not done anything to run afoul of moderation except some minor cop bashing.

HTH