Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin shoot

Pumpkin shoot

Anyone interested in getting together and shooting some pumpkins? I'm thinking next weekend. Near "Wisconsin dells", I will be providing pumpkins, although you would have to pay a few bucks for the range time. Any interest?
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    sounds intersting i unfortanatly have to pass

where is there a range around the dells area
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    sounds intersting i unfortanatly have to pass

where is there a range around the dells area
    Couldn't tell ya. It'll be at either m&m or out at big shooters. But for reference, to people who have no idea where else are, the dells is just easier. We just talked about that Tuesday. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Couldn't tell ya. It'll be at either m&m or out at big shooters. But for reference, to people who have no idea where else are, the dells is just easier. We just talked about that Tuesday. Lol.
    What time? Hmmm, what to bring?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    What time? Hmmm, what to bring?
    Couldn't tell ya. Lol. This is more of a feeling out process. I have 30+ pumpkins, that need to be filled with lead. Whatever time works for whoever would like to come.

Oh, and bring everything! In a semi... :-)

Couldn't tell ya. Lol. This is more of a feeling out process. I have 30+ pumpkins, that need to be filled with lead. Whatever time works for whoever would like to come.
    I've heard larger calibers take care of them in one hit. I want to see if that is true.

Oh, and bring everything! In a semi... :-)
    I won't bring everything, but I can bring "a few."

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Well, if it's on Saturday, and only a few people; it's possible that you could just come to my house and shoot them. Even better, you'd just have to throw the expired pumpkins in the tall grass so no massive cleanup. I've got to sight in some of my rifles anyway.

I pretty much know you guys so if nothing comes up on my end, I don't mind. If too many people get interested though, best off at the range.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I've heard larger calibers take care of them in one hit. I want to see if that is true.

Either way is good. Lol.

Not too early to get the rumor going on the internet, Twitter, Facebook, whatever.

I heard the Madison PD demonstrator control tactical unit, has some training exercises in the Dells area this weekend. What are they buying all the pumpkins for?
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

I got a .44 Mag you could test it out with. Let me know.

Id be interested. I have some 5.56 to burn up and some .40sw

Quote Originally Posted by xd40arff View Post
    Id be interested. I have some 5.56 to burn up and some .40sw
    You are invited. Like I said, next weekend. I would venture to guess Saturday. I'm about to go talk to the local ranges, and see who will let us do it. I'm sure most will enjoy the extra couple bucks they will make.

Heh, I know my CVA .50 BP pushing Hornady XTPs just punches a hole in a pumpkin, I'm guessing there's not enough resistance in the gourd to facilitate mushrooming. Now those hard little summer squash type gourds...well the XTP will make 'em vaporize on a good hit.

Oh, yea, back to the OT, have fun with the pumpkin shoot, even if they don't explode dramatically, it's still a great day.

i havea bunch of 7.62 to use up...i think i could make it..

Any updates?

Any updates?
    Saturday. Place is tbd, but I do have a place to go if other options do not pan out. Time, I know you have quite the drive, what would work for you?

Saturday. Place is tbd, but I do have a place to go if other options do not pan out. Time, I know you have quite the drive, what would work for you?
    My Saturday is open.

Bump because I'm antsy.

I think I might be interested...
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

I'm in Baraboo so it would like a 20 minute drive for me. I have some 9mm I could burn up.
    "Silence means death. Stand on your feet. Inner fear your worst enemy."

If the range I contact today works out, we will be shooting "punkins" around 10-11am ish. Then cleaning up said "punkins". Followed by a Culvers meet in Mauston. (You all know why I love Culvers.) Then, a canoe trip... (Who does not get the joke?) I will have more info this afternoon, after talking with the range owner.

If the range I contact today works out, we will be shooting "punkins" around 10-11am ish. Then cleaning up said "punkins". Followed by a Culvers meet in Mauston. (You all know why I love Culvers.) Then, a canoe trip... (Who does not get the joke?) I will have more info this afternoon, after talking with the range owner.
    How about shooting at Brass Magnet's place? At least we won't have to clean up (as much).

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    How about shooting at Brass Magnet's place? At least we won't have to clean up (as much).
    I thought he was talking about last weekend when I offered. This is one week too close to deer season. Don't want to run 'em all out with loud bangs before I have a chance to shoot them. Of course, they would have some nice pumpkin to eat....deposited by natural uh...agricultural means....

So, the range is best right now. You guys will have to come out and shoot some time though.

Anyway, a range visit and Culvers sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to meeting a couple of you that I haven't yet met.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-11-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Mlutz, where is this going to be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast