• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate passes bill AB-69 protecting homeowners who shoot intruders

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

Max

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...imary-limiting-emailed-ballots-133175728.html

The bill passed the Senate on a bipartisan 26-7 vote and now goes back to the state Assembly. The Assembly also passed the proposal on a bipartisan vote on Tuesday but since the Senate tweaked the proposal Thursday it will need to have the other house approve it with that change.

The good news just keeps coming. Who would have thought we would be where we are today, one year ago. There is still more to be done and now is not the time to go to sleep. As we have learned, it is not enough to just defend rights we have to continually push to expand them.

nevinsb

"AB 69 changes Wisconsin law by providing a defense for irrational people armed with deadly force. Under its provisions, malevolent, reckless, or paranoid people who shoot trick-or-treaters or repairmen on their porch will be presumed to be acting in self-defense," reads a statement issued this week on behalf of the criminal law section of the State Bar of Wisconsin."

Last time I checked trick or treaters don't break into your house to get free candy.

HandyHamlet

"AB 69 changes Wisconsin law by providing a defense for irrational people armed with deadly force. Under its provisions, malevolent, reckless, or paranoid people who shoot trick-or-treaters or repairmen on their porch will be presumed to be acting in self-defense," reads a statement issued this week on behalf of the criminal law section of the State Bar of Wisconsin."

If that is an accurate quote every single one of those turkeys must be disbarred immediately.

E6chevron

Last time I checked trick or treaters don't break into your house to get free candy.

This is something we should be aware of. Those of you who have been putting signs on the door, such as:

ATTENTION Trick-or-Treaters, Paperboys and Repairmen. If you find the door locked, just kick it down and come on in. We'll be home soon.

May want to think about changing the sign.

Jason in WI

I could see that statement coming from WAVE but from the state bar?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

nevinsb

Yeah... Wonder who sent it to them.

The statement comes from a two-page memo sent to lawmakers by Gregory J. O'Meara, an associate professor of law at Marquette University and immediate past chair of the criminal law section.

Last edited:

E6chevron

I could see that statement coming from WAVE but from the state bar?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Many members of the state bar, Criminal Law Section, make their money from lawsuits over too vigorous of a defense or reaction, caused by mistakes from people who we would consider victims of crime. This would make it harder to sue.

E6chevron

Assembly will reconvene at 5:15pm Wednesday Nov. 3, 2011

Let's hope the Senate amended AB-69 gets passed, and then on to the Governor for signing

Last edited:

jrclen

Wow, and they wonder why so many of us dislike lawyers.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Passed! Governor to review before signing.

MJS said:
Nov. 4, 2011 7:00 a.m. |(18) Comments

Madison - Homeowners who shoot intruders would receive strong legal protection, under a bill approved by the state Senate on Thursday and the Assembly early Friday.

The bill passed in the Senate on a bipartisan 26-7 vote and then was returned to the Assembly. All Republican senators voted for the bill along with nine Democrats, including three from southeastern Wisconsin: Spencer Coggs (D-Milwaukee), Lena Taylor (D-Milwaukee), and Bob Wirch (D-Pleasant Prairie).

The Assembly also passed the proposal on a bipartisan vote Tuesday, but since the Senate tweaked the proposal Thursday, the Assembly had to take it up again. Lawmakers in that house approved the Senate change on a voice vote shortly after 5 a.m. Friday. GOP Gov. Scott Walker has said that he supports the bill in principle but will still review it before deciding whether to sign it.
Ten god darned characters.

wild boar

This paper patriot, Gregory J, O'M'eara...

...is nothing more than a classroom crusader, another blackboard bad boy who lacks the nerve to slap an eraser. His beliefs have no merit in the real world that exists outside the classroom. But, you line up a half dozen acronyms after your name and you'll find someone who believe you didn't get where you are by being stupid. Sadly, too many others never had time to dispute his verbiage, commitments to freedom cut their chance short. This man has spent his life involved with the "left". I doubt he will ever know the true left, are those who survived the the endless battles of good against evil. This is truly an ongoing shame. boar out.

BROKENSPROKET

...is nothing more than a classroom crusader, another blackboard bad boy who lacks the nerve to slap an eraser. His beliefs have no merit in the real world that exists outside the classroom. But, you line up a half dozen acronyms after your name and you'll find someone who believe you didn't get where you are by being stupid. Sadly, too many others never had time to dispute his verbiage, commitments to freedom cut their chance short. This man has spent his life involved with the "left". I doubt he will ever know the true left, are those who survived the the endless battles of good against evil. This is truly an ongoing shame. boar out.

I am laughing at your post. I wrote a post tearing this Prof. a new one then I deleted it before I posted it. He and Asst. Chief Dean Collins must know each other because they both lied thier asses off.