• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone familiar with Townhall Magazine??

TFred

Please peruse the online site.

Suggest you contact Katie Pavlich. As you can see, she is friendly on RKBA issues.
From bolded article, Melvin is the interviewer... Seriously!?

Melvin: If women are shooting potential attackers, aren't they presuming guilt before innocence? What if a woman kills an attacker? Isn't that opening another whole legal can of worms?

The guy must be a closet rapist or something. Unbelievable.

TFred

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
From bolded article, Melvin is the interviewer... Seriously!?

The guy must be a closet rapist or something. Unbelievable.

TFred

What a way to pretend reality doesn't exist. The courts must presume a person is innocent. If those who are wronged must act with the same presumption even when we are being raped or murdered, then under what pretense are we to dial 911 and summon fire and rescue or police? Does this person also suggest that we refrain from filing police reports until we establish in some non-governmental court that an offender is guilty? Do we claim that fire is not really responsible for consuming our homes despite flames rising around us pushing one ever closer to the brink of consumption? It's a lunatic thought.

Last edited:

TFred

What a way to pretend reality doesn't exist. The courts must presume a person is innocent. If those who are wronged must act with the same presumption even when we are being raped or murdered, then under what pretense are we to dial 911 and summon fire and rescue or police? Does this person also suggest that we refrain from filing police reports until we establish in some non-governmental court that an offender is guilty? Do we claim that fire is not really responsible for consuming our homes despite flames rising around us pushing one ever closer to the brink of consumption? It's a lunatic thought.
You are right!! THIS ->
Melvin: If women are shooting potential attackers, aren't they presuming guilt before innocence? What if a woman kills an attacker? Isn't that opening another whole legal can of worms?
... is a quote worthy of the 2013 "365 Stupidest Things Ever Said" daily desk calendar! :)

TFred

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thanks! Even I'm not so stupid as to make a statement like this other Melvin dude.

I just looked the guy up. He doesn't look like family. Probably had family that was part of some Melvin Family Holdings LLC or married into the name at some point since he doesn't appear to be native Scotsman.

Last edited:

Repeater

The OTHER Melvin

Thanks! Even I'm not so stupid as to make a statement like this other Melvin dude.

I just looked the guy up. He doesn't look like family. Probably had family that was part of some Melvin Family Holdings LLC or married into the name at some point since he doesn't appear to be native Scotsman.

He doesn't look like family. You sure?

MSNBC's Melvin Worries Rape Victims Might 'Presume' Guilt If They Shoot Would-be Rapists
Melvin closed the segment by asking viewers, "what does your gut tell you? Should the Spartanburg County sheriff be urging women to carry a concealed weapon for protection?

Well, if you go by looks or words ...