• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winter OC attire?!

ryan7068

Early outdoor construction!

Well when I work outside at six in the morning, 42 degrees seems cold enough to start thinking about a jacket to me. However, I sometimes resort to just a speedo ! :lol:

MSC 45ACP

I did manage to fall overboard a couple times while doing boardings in the Coast Guard. I was lucky I didn't lose my pistol in the process. I just got to clean my pistol (and everything else I carried on my "bat belt").

We didn't use lanyard loops in the CG. I saw a few weapons go over the side over the years; all of which happened in deep water and were "unrecoverable". I never had any use for one. After losing an M-60 overboard during the 91 Gulf War, we fashioned a "lanyard" of sorts to keep from losing another one (and prevent the DAYS of paperwork that followed).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Are you sure that pig went over the side accidentally?

Sure, firepower is better than no firepower, but there are ways and means of providing it that are just plain better.

And I hope the bungie cord was secured to the boat and not some poor ABS.

stay safe.