• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Germantown Gander Mountain is now Gun World

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Just left there, and "wow" doesn't begin to cover it. They took out pretty much everything but the guns, and now have 6500 models of handguns in stock. Quadrupled the rifle and shotgun line up too. Definitely stop in if you are in the area. They are giving Cabelas a run for there money!

Joanne is very helpful and i

Sent with Tapatalk

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
No, they didn't. Don't think Germantown would have allowed that. Still really nice place. All the top manufacturers are represented, with multiple models from each.

Sent with Tapatalk

safcrkr

With the dumbass 48 hr wait still in effect... woopty doo. For me it's 265 miles one way to Germantown, times 2 roundtrips? 1,060 miles, with gas at $3.50 per gallon, just the double trip would be $250 in gas before the cost of a handgun gets figured in... not to mention two long days off work behind the wheel. They'll saturate the local market (say 75-100 miles), and once that happens, they'll be out of business. Local dealer can have any one of those models of handgun shipped to him before the 48 hr wait expires. It'd be a cool thing to see 6500 handguns in one place, I have to admit that.

TyGuy

Is there a 48 hour waiting period on long guns for out of staters too?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Gander's weapons are much more expensive than any other store. When they get real with their prices they will make more money. Cheapest to find someone local with a FFL who sells from their home, better yet if it's a friend then no mark up.

Interceptor_Knight

No wait for long guns, just the instant check. Pretty sure out of staters can cash and carry a long gun but not 100% positive.

It depends on the state. Although WI does not require a wait for long guns, All FFLs must comply with both the state where the long gun is being purchased (WI laws in this case) and the laws of the purchaser's state. If you have to wait in your own state, you have to wait in ours.

Max

I bought a bunch of reloading equipment last summer and found that Gander was outrageously overpriced on several items. Cannot comment on their guns but would suggest shopping around before buying anything from them.

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
With the dumbass 48 hr wait still in effect... woopty doo. For me it's 265 miles one way to Germantown, times 2 roundtrips? 1,060 miles, with gas at $3.50 per gallon, just the double trip would be $250 in gas before the cost of a handgun gets figured in... not to mention two long days off work behind the wheel. They'll saturate the local market (say 75-100 miles), and once that happens, they'll be out of business. Local dealer can have any one of those models of handgun shipped to him before the 48 hr wait expires. It'd be a cool thing to see 6500 handguns in one place, I have to admit that.

I'm in the same boat, and it sucks!, now imagine gettign delayed 7-10 days, getting the approval and then waiting another 48 hours after approval.

At least I found an FFL in MQA that will do transfers for $30.00 as opposed to the typical $75.00 transfer fee that is common in this area.

polekat

Is Gun World a fancy Gander Mountain or a branch of Gander Mountain?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I guess this Gander Mountain is a franchise. They are about 2 miles away from Cabela's in Richfield, so as a concept they closed out the fishing, skiing, and everything else they had in there. Concentrating on guns and accessories was a marketing point for them, and from what I've seen they are extremely competitive in the Milwaukee area. They beat out Cabela's on a lot of items, and match/beat pricing from anywhere else in the area.

Sent with Tapatalk

TyGuy

Yup, 24 hour wait on long guns and not allowed to by handguns for us fibs