• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just a thought about CCL confidentiality...

GlockRDH

I was thinking...since we had to supply our DL #s is there a chance that the DOJ may use those numbers to reference our licenses....that way if someone were to do an ORR all they would get would be our DL# and our CCL# making the pertinant personal info unavailable...or am i just wishfully thinking??? :) Congrats again guys!

Grant Guess

Well, we know that since there is no photo on the CCL, we must have a photo ID of some type. What concerns me is that they now have a database that directly cross-references the CCL/DL for some point in the future when they want to notify the officer during a traffic stop.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I don't think the law allows them to do a link to the DL.

But of course any thing coud be changed if the law changes.

But in almost all states we have seen a improvement in the CCW laws.