• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Grabber Steve Gunn running for Holladay City council

utbagpiper

Banned
I've just been informed that perpetual gun grabber, Steve Gunn (a more ironic
name is hard to find), is running for the Holladay City Council.

I urge a vote AGAINST Mr. Gunn.

While State preemption prevents cities from doing much relative to guns, a
known, active gun grabber should never be trusted with the reins of power.

We can spend a lot of valuable and limited time fighting city ordinances that
are technically illegal. Gun haters in positions of authority can make it more
difficult to get old, now illegal ordinances officially repealed.

City council, like any elected office, can be a stepping stone to additional
elected office including legislature or congress. A city councilman has more
credibility than typical citizens and becomes that much stronger voice for
whatever positions he espouses.

Finally, we can help others see how far outside the mainstream gun grabbing is
in Utah by denying known gun grabbers any and all position of elected authority.

Please vote AGAINST Steven H Gunn in the Holladay City Council race.

Charles

utbagpiper

Banned
More info

In case any here are not aware, Steve H Gunn is (or was as recently as the last legislative session) a board member of the Utah wing of the Brady Bunch, "The Utah Violence Prevention Center." (I don't know if the association between the Utah group and the national Brady Bunch is official/legal or simply ideological.") He has been their most frequent spokesman since Bill Nash kind of cut himself out of the political scene in Utah.

I've yet to see any anti-RKBA legislation that Gunn didn't think was entirely "reasonable" and desirable. Nor do I recall any pro-RKBA legislation that he and his organization did not oppose.

He is a lawyer and so in addition to the immediate problems of him gaining any elected office, any such electoral success could also constitute a stepping stone not only toward a run for the legislature or congress, but also for any of the government attorney positions in Utah including city/county attorney or even attorney general. In any such position he could really cause a lot of grief for law abiding gun owners and especially for anyone who had need to use a gun in lawful self-defense.

His opponent is a Mr. Nielson about whom I know nothing other than he is not a known, perpetual gun grabber.

City elections are this Tuesday. Please do all you can to let any friends or relatives in Holloday know about Mr. Gunn's radical, anti-Utah political activism.

Charles