Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am soooo happy to oc now

I am soooo happy to oc now

I love ocing now because those certain kind of guys now stare at my gun instead of my chest!! It's such a nice change that it makes me wish I had OCed sooner!!

I was always upset over those kind of guys gawking at me but now they gawk at my gun and I am perfectly fine with that :-)

I can just feel the excitement in your words!

Congrats!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Good news!! Just another of the many benefits of Open Carry.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

nice, oc'ing has it advantages...

This thread is missing pictures....
    Of the gun, of course.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by OCMomma View Post
    I love ocing now because those certain kind of guys now stare at my gun instead of my chest!! It's such a nice change that it makes me wish I had OCed sooner!!

I was always upset over those kind of guys gawking at me but now they gawk at my gun and I am perfectly fine with that :-)
    Wel you know what they say, guys always look at the woman with the bigger set of guns. When my wife started to OC I commented that momma bear has claws... And they hit at 1000 fps! I am glad to hear your good news and welcome.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

You must have a great looking gun!
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Wanted: Girl who likes to shoot handguns and has a great body. Plz send picture of guns.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Maybe the few guys who used to stare because they were thinking evil thoughts are now staring because they realize their evil thoughts could bring unwanted consequences. Another spill-over benefit of OCing.

And yes, this dirty old man wants to see pictures of the handgun.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Maybe the few guys who used to stare because they were thinking evil thoughts are now staring because they realize their evil thoughts could bring unwanted consequences. Another spill-over benefit of OCing.

And yes, this dirty old man wants to see pictures of the handgun.

stay safe.
    Or their thoughts shifted to getting her gun dirty then cleaning it and the fun involved.

I'd like to see pics of the gun too.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

While I am with others in wanting to see the firearm. I always like looking at firearms.

I find good looking females much more interesting.

More especially once it is established that they have a working brain.

Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 11-06-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

yes pics, so i we can "gawk" at the gun...

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    once it is established that they have a working brain.
    Aye, such a rare thing. In fact, we need pics to prove that she's real.

;-)
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

I truly wish, in all sincerity, that women comprised the majority of open carriers in the movement early on. I mean, why wouldn't they anyways?

-They are often not out to incite argument, nor do they have the testosterone laden desire to fold in anythings face that looks at them funny, accidental or not.
    -They are often left as the primary caretakers of children.
    -They lack the genitalia necessary to be the brunt of infantile anti jokes about firearms and ones sexual proficiency.

It would basically disarm every negatively held stereotypical view that knee-knocking antis have on the topic of firearms and self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

I would love to ......

See more women OC'ing also. I can say that I have never ever seen a woman in my area carry openly..... and then I have only seen 1 man beside myself. I too think it would do alot more to advance the cause if more women OC'd.

I'm going to just throw a thought out to see what happens to it.

All the folks that say they never see anybody else OCing - why don't you post an announcement that you are going to (drink coffee/have lunch/have supper/walk in the park) and invite anybody that wants to to show up and join you? If nobody comes the first time, set another date and announce that one. If somebody else shows up, set another date and invite even more folks to join those who met up for the first event at the second one.

The weekly OC breakfast we hold in my area started with one guy saying he went out to eat every Saturday morning and inviting anybody to join him. One person joined and the two of them met for breakfast regularly. Thr some others heard about it and showed up - more or less regularly. Now there's a core group and a bunch of folks who drop in whenever they can. We even have follks asking if the breakfast meeting will be happening if we don't post the announcement until late Friday night.

Pretty much the same thing happened to start the monthly OC supper meeting I got home from just a couple of hours ago. We had someone stop as they were drving past our group hanging around outside finishing up conversations, wanting to know if we were some sort of club and how to join. Hopefully they will show up at next month's get-together and we will have a new friend and OCer.

It just takes one person to start things off. Try it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I suggested this about 5 years ago, it was frowned upon.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I suggested this about 5 years ago, it was frowned upon.
    Yeah, well, I can understand why an OC gathering might be frowned upon in Flori-duh. But a gathering of like-minded folks who discreetly carry ijn the hopes of one day coming out of the closet is a possibility.

And who cares if some folks frown on you and your idea. At best you know who your enemies are, and at worst you will be no more lonely than you already are. Seems at least neutral, if not a win-win outcome.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

I do exist...

But my honey doesn't approve of me posting a pic to prove it. Since you guys want to gawk at my gun so badly here ya go.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-09-29 19.19.00.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	7414

But my honey doesn't approve of me posting a pic to prove it. Since you guys want to gawk at my gun so badly here ya go.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-09-29 19.19.00.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	7414
    I think most of us are respectable enough to not request a comparison of your cleavage to the gun. I do think most of us have wanted to see your gun for a while now though.

That's a nice little compact XD.
    Last edited by slowfiveoh; 11-16-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slowfiveoh View Post
    I think most of us are respectable enough to not request a comparison of your cleavage to the gun.[snip]
    Maybe respectable enough not to directly request it.

How can we make a fair assessment of the mental state of those guys who started staring at the gun instead of her chest without all of the pertinent information?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by slowfiveoh View Post
    I truly wish, in all sincerity, that women comprised the majority of open carriers in the movement early on. I mean, why wouldn't they anyways?

-They are often not out to incite argument, nor do they have the testosterone laden desire to fold in anythings face that looks at them funny, accidental or not.
    -They are often left as the primary caretakers of children.
    -They lack the genitalia necessary to be the brunt of infantile anti jokes about firearms and ones sexual proficiency.

It would basically disarm every negatively held stereotypical view that knee-knocking antis have on the topic of firearms and self defense.
    +100

I, for one, am doing my part

I love ocing now because those certain kind of guys now stare at my gun instead of my chest!!
    It's funny, but when a young woman in New Hampshire OC'd while topless, the police completely ignored the gun while being unable to take their eyes off her breasts.

All of her "bared guns" were legal.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 11-16-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    It's funny, but when a young woman in New Hampshire OC'd while topless, the police completely ignored the gun while being unable to take their eyes off her breasts.

All of her "bared guns" were legal.
    As I recall, she was arrest for indecent exposure. However, the Law of New Hampshire regarding Indecent Exposure referred specifically to genitals. Breasts are not Genitals. Not even close... What came of it?

Oh. I almost forgot: Yay for boobies!
    Last edited by ixtow; 11-17-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf
    I find good looking females much more interesting.
    More especially once it is established that they have a working brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow
    Aye, such a rare thing. In fact, we need pics to prove that she's real. ;-)
    If you hadn't included the winky I might have to be upset at you...
    I trust I've proved I have a working brain? (And no, you can't see a picture of them.)

Quote Originally Posted by slowfiveoh
    They lack the genitalia necessary to be the brunt of infantile anti jokes about firearms and ones sexual proficiency.
    I had fun with that one in some comments after a newspaper article.
    When the inevitable "you're compensating" accusation came up, I said something like:
    "5'10", 44DD, 3 college degrees... exactly what am I compensating for?"
    A little while later, I heard from a friend @ a Starbuck's meet-n-greet that he almost choked on his coffee when he read that.

At other times, I've answered, "yes, I'm compensating for being older, weaker, & slower than the people who are most likely to try to do me harm".
    Last edited by MKEgal; 12-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast