• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am soooo happy to oc now

OCMomma

I love ocing now because those certain kind of guys now stare at my gun instead of my chest!! It's such a nice change that it makes me wish I had OCed sooner!!

I was always upset over those kind of guys gawking at me but now they gawk at my gun and I am perfectly fine with that :)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This thread is missing pictures....
Of the gun, of course.

Baked on Grease

I love ocing now because those certain kind of guys now stare at my gun instead of my chest!! It's such a nice change that it makes me wish I had OCed sooner!!

I was always upset over those kind of guys gawking at me but now they gawk at my gun and I am perfectly fine with that :)

Wel you know what they say, guys always look at the woman with the bigger set of guns. When my wife started to OC I commented that momma bear has claws... And they hit at 1000 fps! I am glad to hear your good news and welcome.

Sent using tapatalk

Daylen

You must have a great looking gun!

Badger Johnson

Wanted: Girl who likes to shoot handguns and has a great body. Plz send picture of guns. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Maybe the few guys who used to stare because they were thinking evil thoughts are now staring because they realize their evil thoughts could bring unwanted consequences. Another spill-over benefit of OCing.

And yes, this dirty old man wants to see pictures of the handgun.

stay safe.

Daylen

Maybe the few guys who used to stare because they were thinking evil thoughts are now staring because they realize their evil thoughts could bring unwanted consequences. Another spill-over benefit of OCing.

And yes, this dirty old man wants to see pictures of the handgun.

stay safe.

Or their thoughts shifted to getting her gun dirty then cleaning it and the fun involved.

I'd like to see pics of the gun too.

OldCurlyWolf

While I am with others in wanting to see the firearm. I always like looking at firearms.

I find good looking females much more interesting.

More especially once it is established that they have a working brain.

:D:cool:

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

I truly wish, in all sincerity, that women comprised the majority of open carriers in the movement early on. I mean, why wouldn't they anyways?

-They are often not out to incite argument, nor do they have the testosterone laden desire to fold in anythings face that looks at them funny, accidental or not.
-They are often left as the primary caretakers of children.
-They lack the genitalia necessary to be the brunt of infantile anti jokes about firearms and ones sexual proficiency.

It would basically disarm every negatively held stereotypical view that knee-knocking antis have on the topic of firearms and self defense.

Ken56

I would love to ......

See more women OC'ing also. I can say that I have never ever seen a woman in my area carry openly..... and then I have only seen 1 man beside myself. I too think it would do alot more to advance the cause if more women OC'd.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm going to just throw a thought out to see what happens to it.

All the folks that say they never see anybody else OCing - why don't you post an announcement that you are going to (drink coffee/have lunch/have supper/walk in the park) and invite anybody that wants to to show up and join you? If nobody comes the first time, set another date and announce that one. If somebody else shows up, set another date and invite even more folks to join those who met up for the first event at the second one.

The weekly OC breakfast we hold in my area started with one guy saying he went out to eat every Saturday morning and inviting anybody to join him. One person joined and the two of them met for breakfast regularly. Thr some others heard about it and showed up - more or less regularly. Now there's a core group and a bunch of folks who drop in whenever they can. We even have follks asking if the breakfast meeting will be happening if we don't post the announcement until late Friday night.

Pretty much the same thing happened to start the monthly OC supper meeting I got home from just a couple of hours ago. We had someone stop as they were drving past our group hanging around outside finishing up conversations, wanting to know if we were some sort of club and how to join. Hopefully they will show up at next month's get-together and we will have a new friend and OCer.

It just takes one person to start things off. Try it.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I suggested this about 5 years ago, it was frowned upon.

Yeah, well, I can understand why an OC gathering might be frowned upon in Flori-duh. But a gathering of like-minded folks who discreetly carry ijn the hopes of one day coming out of the closet is a possibility.

And who cares if some folks frown on you and your idea. At best you know who your enemies are, and at worst you will be no more lonely than you already are. Seems at least neutral, if not a win-win outcome.:D

stay safe.

OCMomma

I do exist...

But my honey doesn't approve of me posting a pic to prove it. Since you guys want to gawk at my gun so badly here ya go.2011-09-29 19.19.00.jpg:D

slowfiveoh

But my honey doesn't approve of me posting a pic to prove it. Since you guys want to gawk at my gun so badly here ya go.View attachment 7414:D

I think most of us are respectable enough to not request a comparison of your cleavage to the gun. I do think most of us have wanted to see your gun for a while now though. ;)

That's a nice little compact XD.

Last edited: