• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FN Five-seveN

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I would even carry the shizznit out the Keltec PMR-30. Yes, I would carry the PMR-30, regardless of all the crap that's spewed about .22 mag in a pistol.

Totally going to be the next handgun I buy, if I can ever find one. I'm actually a longtime fan of the .22WMR. Definitely a underrated and over-bashed caliber. And with 30 rounds, any loss of stopping power (most folks would be surprised how much damage the .22WMR can do anyway) compared to a major caliber can be made up for basically instantaneously due to a practically bottomless mag and practically nonexistent recoil.

I think the PMR-30 would be a great hiking gun (especially in NoVA where dogs and two-legged critters are a much more realistic threat than bears), and I'd also carry it if I really wasn't in the mood to carry spare mags, which I admit is happening more frequently these days.

Last edited:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Must be almost made of gold lol

in all honesty. i would not carry the fiveseven...........the 5.7mm is an extremely hot round. extremely. and its a very small round. in some ballistics tests it is capable of piercing body armor.

with that said. in a self defense situation.......its going to peel through your human target, and strike whatever is behind them. possibly peel through them as well. and so on and so on.

NTM the five-seven is uberly expensive. and the ammo is crazy priced as well.

but that's my personal opinion.

FN Herstal Centerfire Ammunition SS195LF 10700012, 5.7 MM X 28 MM, Lead Free Hollow Point, 27 GR, 2300 fps, 40 Boxes, 2000 Rds only $993 Jeez and I thought 45 cal ammo was getting expensive

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

09jisaac

ncwabbit

go for it...

i have carried mine for several years and it is a joy to carry and shoot. the ammo is widely available...to a point, but you need to sneak up on it as it is pricey 24-29/box and buy a couple boxes every now and again. i also enjoy the concept of 20+1 so i do not have to carry extra ammo on my belt, but there is another clip under the armrest of the tacoma 'just in case' the zombie horde exceeds the clip's capability.

fyi, i also have a hk usb 9 for when i take classes where i am required to shoot a lot of ammo

wabbit